Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there anything wrong with supporting the bandwagon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there anything wrong with supporting the bandwagon?

Well?

what if you just agre wiht it?

well if you agree with it then I dont think you're on the bandwagon. If you support it just because its popular, then I think there's something wrong with that.

This is one of the few things that is nice about being a Capitals fan...you know everybody who claims to be a caps fan actually is because they're not any good, so jumping on the bandwagon would be stupid.

Comment

As long as you're just having fun going along with everyone else, then that's not a problem at all.

I personally despise bandwagon jumpers though. Just a bunch of superficial people who don't think for themselves.

Comment

It depends.

For example, I am a 49ers fan. Most people don't like them because they never win, but I love them either way. Now they are suddenly expected to thrive. If everyone else in the area becomes a 49ers fan, I won't change my stance.

However, I am not really a Raiders fan. A few years ago, the Raiders went to the superbowl. Most people in the area became Raiders fans overnight, I could really care less that they went.

I never hop on a bandwagon. But if my team becomes the bandwagon, so be it.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I think there's a difference between seasonal fans and bandwagon fans. For example, I don't usually watch pro-football, but I always watch the superbowl. And when I'm watching the superbowl, I usually pick a team to root for...based on stupid stuff like if I like the color of their jerseys, if their coach looks like a douche etc...trivial insignificant superficial stuff.

Then, once the superbowl is over, I lose any loyalty whatsoever I had for that team over the course of that 2 hour game, and when the next superbowl comes around, same thing.

Now would you call that being a bandwagon fan?
          "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

-- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines
            I think there's a difference between seasonal fans and bandwagon fans. For example, I don't usually watch pro-football, but I always watch the superbowl. And when I'm watching the superbowl, I usually pick a team to root for...based on stupid stuff like if I like the color of their jerseys, if their coach looks like a douche etc...trivial insignificant superficial stuff.

Then, once the superbowl is over, I lose any loyalty whatsoever I had for tha team over the course of that 2 hour game, and when the next superbowl comes around, same think.

I just watch it incase there's a boob that pops out in the half time show

Comment

Originally posted by indian airlines

Then, once the superbowl is over, I lose any loyalty whatsoever I had for tha team over the course of that 2 hour game, and when the next superbowl comes around, same think.

No, because you're not actually a fan. You just enjoy watching the event.
              sigpic
              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
              X