Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parents got a divorce.

Hey All-

This is not a sympathy thread or a whining thread. Just an update for those who have been keeping in touch with me. I wanted to let all of you know as of Friday last week, My Parents officially got a divorce. It was filed about 2 months ago and became official friday.

My dad bought a new house about 15 minutes drive away nearby, a big house to accomodate my brother and sister when they visit.

It was kind of strange to go through it with the parents but the proceedings were as normal as you can make it.

The Judge said "in all of my divorce cases, I have never seen such a fantastic and excellent divorce case, and what I mean by that is, I show you guys truly did love each other, you put the kids first and foremost."

No one in my family argued, sued, or anything rash. Everything was pretty much agreed on instantly and it was pleasing to the judge to see that.

Some may or may not agree with divorce, but I know for a fact if they had not the outcome would have been worse.

Strangely enough, this divorce was unique in the fact it wasn't abuse, harrasement, no one cheated on anyone, no fraud of any sort it was simply they needed to seperate. I realize this won't make sense, and you may find reason to judge but unless you know the full detail, its hard to fully understand.

I am doing just fine, struggling at times but I have my friends to help me with that and talk to me and they are doing great.

I never, ever thought I would have to go through it, but I did and it happened.

That's all I wanted to say here, and just to let those know who do care about me about what has been going on in my life.

Thanks for reading and looking forward to chatting with you all some more.

Men, sorry my mom is NOT up for sale

Alex
    Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

I can understand what its like because I went through the identical situation 3 years ago. My parents just grew apart and consulted me and my brother on how we would like it to happen. In the end the divorce cost my parents 150 bucks for the one court session and after that, they have been good friends ever since. My mom has since remarried, and my dad was at the wedding as well. Its a wierd situation (in a good way) and Im proud to say that my family used common sense to deal with harder times.

Anyways, good luck!

Comment

Must be something in the water because my parents seperated half a year ago and the family home will be on the market shortly. I don't get along very well with dad and I still live at home so secretly I am happy with the seperation although it took a bit of getting used to at first.

Comment

Good to hear you're doing relatively well Alex. Just make sure you're there for your brother and sister since I know they are younger than you and it might not make as much sense to them as it does for you. And as always, if you need to talk, hit me up on AIM. That goes for anybody else as well

Comment

Alex, sounds like youv'e got things in line. Like Joe said, take care of your brother and sister. If your parents are still in good regards, and it sounds like they are, things will probably go in the right direction. I thought of this when my family was changed. "Sometimes time and change prove to be too strong, while adapting and acceptance, helps us move along." Hang in there man, were in your corner puilling for ya!!
          -Jay

Comment

Thanks to all those who replied and sent me PM's, they were appreciated but not expected.

Jay- That is a very nice quote, i really like it

Alex
            Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

Sorry to hear about this Alex. I'm sure they did what's best for them, which I guess is what matters most. I'm glad you're taking it well. My wife's parents are currently separated with divorce probably coming soon. Be strong for your siblings.
              Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Glad your parents are dealing with this like mature responsible adults, and hope they stay good friends.

My sister is dealing with a "Brady Bunch" type blended family, her three, and his two. Man that house is nuts, five cars and two motorbikes.(She was widowed, he divorced), and a second house three blocks away, plus his ex in the neighbourhood whom she has to deal with occasionally (not a nice person, no wonder the kids want to live with Dad) Confusion-she needs an "Alice"

Comment

Re:

Hey Alex,

sorry to hear that man. Divorce is never good but all the same, it's good that there were no bad feelings or anything like that. Wish you all the best.

Comment

Working...
                  X