I Got My PPL!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Got My PPL!

I'm officially America's newest licensed private pilot! Two quotes out of my examiner: "Flawless" and "As soon as I saw your shirt and tie, I knew you were going to pass."

It pays to wear a tie

Now I gotta go use this thing! WEEEEEE!!!

Congrats Man !!!!!!!!Another lucky pilot on earth So when r u coming to Toronto, so we can go to the bar and celebrate

Comment

Congrats Steve How was the examiner? How long was the whole exam?
      You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Congrats! I am very happy for you! I can only imagine the thrill! Now go out and bag yourself a woman.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Oh jesus...just what the state of Rhode Island needs, another pilot . When we going flying biaaatch. I took you up, time for you to take me up .
          Ryan Davis
          Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
          www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Originally posted by ExpressJet145
              Oh jesus...just what the state of Rhode Island needs, another pilot . When we going flying biaaatch. I took you up, time for you to take me up .
              Meet me up at Mansfield on Columbus Day...I've got the plane for 3 hours so I'll probably hit up New Hampshire and some random airports .

The DE was Janet Theve. VERY VERY nice woman. The ride overall was SO much easier than I'd imagined. I was really concentrating as well as having some small talk with her and having a few laughs here and there . The exam was "scheduled" from about 3-7. I got to the airport at 2 to finish up some stuff planning wise. She arrived at about 2:40 and said to take my time. So at exactly 3PM I told her I was ready. We headed upstairs for about an hour or so of oral, then down to the plane. I was uneasy at first since we didn't have that much fuel. I ended up taxiing it over to the pumps to get it filled to be safe (unlike Ryan the other day ). Once the fueling was done, we hopped in and started up. Flying was awesome and I really concentrated. I'm very happy with the way it went .

Comment

An hour of oral with a woman Steve? Giggity giggity.

I already told ya, but congrats anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
                  Meet me up at Mansfield on Columbus Day...I've got the plane for 3 hours so I'll probably hit up New Hampshire and some random airports .

The DE was Janet Theve. VERY VERY nice woman. The ride overall was SO much easier than I'd imagined. I was really concentrating as well as having some small talk with her and having a few laughs here and there . The exam was "scheduled" from about 3-7. I got to the airport at 2 to finish up some stuff planning wise. She arrived at about 2:40 and said to take my time. So at exactly 3PM I told her I was ready. We headed upstairs for about an hour or so of oral, then down to the plane. I was uneasy at first since we didn't have that much fuel. I ended up taxiing it over to the pumps to get it filled to be safe (unlike Ryan the other day ). Once the fueling was done, we hopped in and started up. Flying was awesome and I really concentrated. I'm very happy with the way it went .
                  Congrats man! An hour oral, man you lucked out.

Comment

First impression, bro! Always gotta look very professional, even if you're going for your PPL. congrats buddy! Bravo Zulu.

Kevin

Comment

Congrats Steve.

I sure wish I could have the same joy but now I can't. Enjoy the license!

Alex
                      Stop Searching. Start Traveling. southwest.com

Comment

I'm not sure as I have never taken a checkride outside of UND, but isn't it standard practice to dress up and wear a tie for any checkride?

Comment

Joe, at the aero club, I've witnessed several pilots going for their checkrides..some dress like they're going to a prom dance, while some dress up like going to a club...slacks and khakis or some wear their cammies or their wannabe flight suits, some wear there dress blues or dress whites, hehehe...

Kevin

Comment

Congratulations. A successful reward for lots of hard work.

Comment

Congrats steve.
                              Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Working...
                              X