X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mungous
    replied
    FYI the IGA thing ain't spyware.

It's just like plenty of other games (like NFS) where they have billboards and posters advertising real life products. The only reason your IP is used is so they can show advertisements relevant to your country and/or language.

Leave a comment:

• Greg
    replied
    As an avid BF gamer, played all except BF:V and BF2:SF, 2142 is amazing. The titan mode kicks ass, the concept is really awesome. Of course I've only played the demo as I don't have the money to blow on the actual game.

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Originally posted by bobby
    I too play war games because of their realism...if I want futuristic stuff...Halo is my answer. Although, I rarely play console stuff anyways.
    Ya, I don't really like Halo. Its "okay", but I'd rather stick with Battlefield and WarRock, which by the way is free, and worth a try.

www.warrock.net

Leave a comment:

• bobby
    replied
    Originally posted by Crunk415balla
    Eh, I don't have any desire to play it. I love BF2, and the rest of the battle field series. Other than flight sim, war games are the only games I play. But, I like them because they are somewhat realistic. I'm not into any of those "fantasy" games and such, so once the realism was taken out, I lost interest. I will try it out on friends computers, but I highly doubt I'll ever buy it.
    I too play war games because of their realism...if I want futuristic stuff...Halo is my answer. Although, I rarely play console stuff anyways.

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Eh, I don't have any desire to play it. I love BF2, and the rest of the battle field series. Other than flight sim, war games are the only games I play. But, I like them because they are somewhat realistic. I'm not into any of those "fantasy" games and such, so once the realism was taken out, I lost interest. I will try it out on friends computers, but I highly doubt I'll ever buy it.

Leave a comment:

• pbateson
    replied
    Originally posted by Genessee
    Here we go ..

Strange!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Genessee
    replied
    Here we go ..

The Software may incorporate technology developed by IGA Worldwide Inc. ("IGA") (the "Advertising Technology"). The purpose of the Advertising Technology is to deliver in-game advertisements to you when you use the Software while connected to the Internet. When you use the Software while connected to the Internet, the Advertising Technology may record your Internet Protocol address and other anonymous information ("Advertising Data"). The Advertising Data is temporarily used by IGA to enable the presentation and measurement of in-game advertisements and other in-game objects which are uploaded temporarily to your personal computer or game console and charged during online game play. The Advertising Technology does not collect any personally identifiable information about you, and EA will not provide IGA with any of your personally identifiable information. The servers used by the Advertising Technology may, from time to time, be located outside your country of residence. If you are located within the European Union, the servers may be located outside the European Union.

By installing and using the Software, you agree to: (i) the transfer of the Advertising Data to servers located outside your country of residence and, if applicable, outside the European Union; (ii) the collection and use of the Advertising Data as described in this Section; and (iii) the delivery of advertising and marketing content of the Advertising Technology. IF YOU DO NOT WANT IGA TO COLLECT, USE, STORE OR TRANSMIT THE DATA DESCRIBED IN THIS SECTION, DO NOT INSTALL OR PLAY THE SOFTWARE ON ANY PLATFORM THAT IS USED TO CONNECT TO THE INTERNET.

Leave a comment:

• Crism
    replied
    Originally posted by JordanD
    I didn't say anything about FSX.
    OHHHHHH!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Genessee
    replied
    but I have heard recently that the full retail version of it comes with spyware...so I'm not going to be getting it anytime soon...lol.
    I've heard the same thing ..

So. In the latest CGW podcast, they received retail boxed copies of BF 2142.

When you open the box, a big slip of paper falls out first, preceeding any discs or manuals. The slip of paper says, essentially, that 2142 includes monitoring software which runs while your computer is online, and records "anonymous" information like your IP address, surfing habits (probably via cookie scans), and other "computing habits" in order to report this information back to ad companies and ad servers, which generates in-game ads.

Now, I can live with certain in-game ads (though apparently there will be Dodge truck and Neon ads in the bleak, futuristic world of 2142), but including a lengthy description - outside of even the Eula - seems to indicate even EA knows that this is some shady borderline spyware sh*t. I don't support it and won't be buying 2142 (for a host of other reasons, too).
    I'm not too shocked though, most protected software contain some sort of "spyware". EA just sucks about it more than other publishers. Sony's Securom sucks for "spying" too. It scans your programs (even ones not running) and the game refuses to run if any it doesn't like are on your system.

I think lots of people will be happy to break the seal on the game box to discover this. How many stores accept returns of software once the box seal is broken?

To this day, I believe SoftIce is the best piece of software I've ever bought. It's got millions of uses, including the removal of annoying protection :X.

Leave a comment:

• Sam at MAN
    replied
    I'm a big BF2 player...but I played the 2142 demo. It's ok as far as I can tell...but I have heard recently that the full retail version of it comes with spyware...so I'm not going to be getting it anytime soon...lol.

Also, for the counter strike players here...a kid in my BF2 clan helped make this video...pretty badass if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t1icf5F6P0&NR
    Abit random, but good

Leave a comment:

• AlanF
    replied
    EA yet again extorting money from us i have owned and played all the battlefield series bf1942/Vietnam BF2/special forces/euro forces and Armoured fury to me battlefield 2 has got at least 1yr left in it i am refusing to buy this one its just pure greed on EAA Games part

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Meh I prefer MOH

Leave a comment:

• bobby
    replied
    I'm a big BF2 player...but I played the 2142 demo. It's ok as far as I can tell...but I have heard recently that the full retail version of it comes with spyware...so I'm not going to be getting it anytime soon...lol.

Also, for the counter strike players here...a kid in my BF2 clan helped make this video...pretty badass if you ask me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t1icf5F6P0&NR

Leave a comment:

• pilotgolfer
    replied
    Honestly, that promo vid reminds me alot of Halo. Does look pretty sweet, though.

Leave a comment:

• Sam at MAN
    replied
    Originally posted by pbateson

I have, but I haven't play for a while.
    We should play, im sure there would be only 1 winner
    http://www.xfire.com/profile/tdsnake my xfire profile I joined April 6th

Leave a comment:

Working...
X