FAO Tom Alfano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tommyalf
    I didn't even see the freaking games this week, I'm suck in god dam Canada for work! Dam Mets just suck, they all desever to be beaten with lead pipes.
    Is this coming from a Yankees fan???

Comment

I lost interest when they took away the Expos. I do like the Cubs though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
        I couldn't believe they were actually showing fans crying in the standards after the last pitch. If you're actually shedding tears over a baseball game, perhaps you might want to seek out things of more substance and importance to actually care about in your life.
        Exactly. It's just a bloody baseball game! The players probably don't even care much, as they have taken home thier XXX million $ and now get to watch DTW and STL battle it out. Anyone who cries in the stands after a team loses is just pathetic. They should get some real problems to worry about. It's just for entertainment, not to get emotional about.

Either way though, it was a good series. Kinda funny how the Mets just stood there an looked at that curve at the end. I think Detroit will pwn the Cardinals though if they keep up the level of play that they had from the Yankees and A's. Unless they get rusty from waiting for like a week...

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
          I couldn't believe they were actually showing fans crying in the standards after the last pitch. If you're actually shedding tears over a baseball game, perhaps you might want to seek out things of more substance and importance to actually care about in your life.
          Chris = Bandwagon Braves fan.

Comment

Just FYI here...we all know that the AL is 5 times better then the NL.

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by gocaps16
              Just FYI here...we all know that the AL is 5 times better then the NL.

Kevin
              For once you say something that actually makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by c72
                Chris = Bandwagon Braves fan.
                Braves fans? I thought those were extinct.
                Seriously, the Braves couldn't even sell out tickets to a playoff game. Pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                  Seriously, the Braves couldn't even sell out tickets to a playoff game. Pathetic.
                  Do they still air Braves games on TBS??

The
                  Braves
                  Suck

Comment

Originally posted by c72
                    Do they still air Braves games on TBS??

The
                    Braves
                    Suck
                    LMAO!!! That's a bit harsh. I'll never COMPLETELY drop the Braves as one of "my teams", but I think there's been some questionable decisions made in the past few years. I miss the 90's, when they were actually a pretty good team.

Comment

Originally posted by RobinB
                      Sorry guys - but it's just not cricket.......................
                      and thank god for that

Comment

BA DUMP TSSSST!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
                          The reason why the Braves started having trouble selling out playoff games is that after awhile, the Braves making the playoffs was commonplace, so folks weren't as gung-ho about it by the late 90s as they were in the early to mid 90s when the run started up. 14 straight seasons of making the playoffs would tend to make baseball fans in most cities blasé about it after a while. Also getting swept in the first round four straight years didn't help much either.

Comment

Working...
                          X