Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have to return there laptop batteries?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have to return there laptop batteries?

Its been pretty big with all this laptop fire shinanigans. Anyone have a battery that had to be recalled?

I had to exchange my battey for my iBook G4 and got it back a few weeks ago.
    -Kevin

I just got my new DELL. I will let you know if it catches fire. I will probably respond on my desktop though...
    My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Comment

I've replaced over 30 on Dell laptops at work.

Comment

I've got a Toshiba and although its among one of the affected brands, its only a few weeks old and wasn't included in the recall

Comment

A320....Amazing, I had a good laugh.
            My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

no return for me, nor has it burnt my junk

Comment

Originally posted by matth
                I've got a Toshiba and although its among one of the affected brands, its only a few weeks old and wasn't included in the recall
                Funny, the last time I talked to you which was a week ago you didnt have any laptop? Even stated you didnt want one.
                -Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
                  Funny, the last time I talked to you which was a week ago you didnt have any laptop? Even stated you didnt want one.
                  I guess I forgot to mention it, no biggie

Comment

*Their. I know people love it when I do that.

Comment

My Macbook Pro just missed the cut of having to return the batteries. Mine runs so hot though that it will actually burn you.

That's the reason they're not called Laptops anymore. Apple calls them MacBooks, Dell calls them Notebook, etc... Liability issues.
                      Tanner Johnson - Owner
                      twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
                        My Macbook Pro just missed the cut of having to return the batteries. Mine runs so hot though that it will actually burn you.

That's the reason they're not called Laptops anymore. Apple calls them MacBooks, Dell calls them Notebook, etc... Liability issues.
                        Yeah, because some dumbass will keep it on there lap even though it gets extremely hot, then sue claiming that they didn't know it was hot, after their equipment got burned to crisp, then some equally stupid judge would rule in their favor for XXX million $. On the flip side it would, however, probably aid in evolution... which in the end would be a good thing.

Comment

Well that will happen and everyone will complain about how much money the people got. However after appeals they won't have anything near the first verdict.

For example the McDonalds coffee lady, at the end of it all she only had enough to really pay her medical expenses and not all that much more left over. Not the millions everyone thinks.
                          Tanner Johnson - Owner
                          twenty53 Photography

Comment

Working...
                          X