KSEA Runways / The 'blue' site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSEA Runways / The 'blue' site

Oh my gosh - I had a photo accepted on "the blue site" (which I hardly ever visit anymore) and had someone tell me my picture info was wrong. I suppose this is yet another reason I really dislike that site:

Hey James

Sea Tac Does Not Have A 34 C I Dont Know What That Is About But Yeah Get The Information Right Please
    I responsed to him that he should look at airnav as the runway names were somewhat recently changed; they use the center runway now instead of 34L/16R.

How about you get *your* information right? Before you start sending off incorrect corrections, please make sure you know you are, in fact, correct?

http://204.108.4.16/d-tpp/0611/00582AD.PDF

Runway 34L was renamed to runway 34C about a month or so ago. At the time, the plane was landing on runway 34C.

Happy, albeit misinformed, trolling,
    And he sends another amazingly stupid reply:

I've been involved with aviation for a while now...In fact work Near Sea Tac ....Watch planes from spotting areas at Sea Tac and never ever heard "cleared for 34C" on my air band scanner.I might you also look at Air Nav.com and many other maps of that tarmac and let me know what they say because 34 C is not there...Its Been 34 Right for a long time....So lets get a few things right here ...2nd of all I showed a few people your picture with your comment and they laughed at it...In fact stated that you were wrong also and they would know just as much as I would ..Sorry to disappoint ya...

Anyways...I'm glad you think you know more than me....Doubt it....
    Now - if one actually listens to the tower they will clearly notice the center runway is used - argh! At this point I am not sure if he is just too stupid to look up the correct information or too prideful to admit defeat:

I suspect you did not even look at that link I sent you. Look at the most recent airport digram from the FAA; there *IS* a runway 34C. Conversely there *IS* a runway 16C. Apparently you are not aware it is not unheard of for an airport to rename one of its runways to a center runway in preparation for a new runway (right or left).

Moreover, your command of the English language is so disappointing, it does not surprise me in the least you did not bother to look at an updated chart. Since you are so ignorant, here is another link for you:

http://www.airnav.com/airport/KSEA

Sorry man, the only one you are embarrassing is yourself. I should look at airnav.com? How about you should actually look at the site, idiot. I think you also need to pass along the information to your so-called "friends" who are just as ill informed as yourself. At first I was somewhat Finally, one thing - if a plane was landing on a "non-existent" center runway heading north, that "center" runway at KSEA would be the *left* runway.

Seriously, you need to check your facts and get a damn clue.
    Here I am; I think my reasoning is actually pretty clear. Turns out apparently not:

I did look at that link and that link showed your "34C" but at the present time they are not using it until that runaway is done which could be for a few years

I might also add you need to take a deep look in the mirror before you call anyone idiot because last time I checked you were the one posting idiot posts on Airliners Network "34C" which in reality is not there but I'll let ya think what you want

I would love to also see you taking pictures and see how long it would take for Port Of Seattle all over your butt for it because if you weren't so stupid you'd know its very illegal to take pictures near or around Sea Tac even from a distance...so keep doing what you are doing and we'll see how long it takes for ya to get caught..I'll even do ya a favor and have them keep an eye out for ya

You also mentioned my friends...Lets see I believe they would know more than you in regards to what lands and takes off there and so go back to what you do best and being an idiot at the UDub and let the professionals do what they do best
    Has anyone actually had this happen to them before? I am somewhat amazed that soemone could continue to hold their line in the face of overwhelming information against them.

Arg - stupid people.

Some people are idiots and dont know what they're talking about. The chart you posted was made by the FAA, so I'll trust the FAA over any aviation nerd any day. They are working on a new runway, but I dont think its anywhere near finished. I believe I know the reason behind the recent switch to runway 34C. As you can see there is a taxiway that paralells the runways. Usually when you're cleared to land on (for example) 34R, you'll look for the farthest piece of pavement to the right. They had a few people land on that taxiway on days that it was wet and sunny. When the sun is at the right angle, due to reflections off the runway you can't see any details about it. So I'm guessing they decided to switch to 34C to help avoid the confusion.

Moral of story, you're right, he's wrong. Tell him to come here and talk about it so I can make him look dumb

FYI, I'm listening to seattle ATC on www.liveatc.net and they just cleared southwest 1978 to land on 16C. Give him the link, and tell him to get a clue
    Last edited by screaming_emu; 2006-11-10, 19:33.

Comment

This thread will eventually get locked but before then let me say this:

The people there are idiots. They freak out over the stupidest things. They're classically referred to as the "12 year old super flight sim ultra pilots who think they know everything". And god forbid SEA changes a runway and they don't know about it and when they're wrong, you get attacked.

/endrant
      Last edited by screaming_emu; 2006-11-10, 19:34.

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
        This thread will eventually get locked but before then let me say this:

The people there are idiots. They freak out over the stupidest things. They're classically referred to as the "12 year old super flight sim ultra pilots who think they know everything". And god forbid SEA changes a runway and they don't know about it and when they're wrong, you get attacked.

/endrant
        watch the language please unless its absolutely needed and not directed at any people. And we have some of those flight sim pilots here too...not nearly as rampant though.

Comment

Thanks guys I got those emails; while they pissed me off it became really obvious this person doesn't know what the heck they are talking about.

I listen to the ATC at work sometimes for fun... and to drown out the country music our department director plays (ack) - they have been using 16/34C for awhile now.

Oh-well - thanks for the replies! Yet another reason the "blue site" is so very annoying

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
            watch the language please unless its absolutely needed and not directed at any people. And we have some of those flight sim pilots here too...not nearly as rampant though.
            My apologies. To you for swearing (topic that gets me mad) and to Jordan, one of our flight sim pilots

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
              and to Jordan, one of our flight sim pilots
              lol...there's nothing wrong with being a flight sim pilot. I play the crap out of that thing too. Its when people swear up and down that "its this way in flight sim, so its that way in real life" when people are telling them otherwise. I dont think the problem is flight sim, its an attitude thing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not knowing something, or being mistaken about something. But when somebody corrects you (and proves that they are right), the bigger man will go "oh really...I didn't know that, thanks!" instead of "nuh uh!"

Oh, and the swearing doesn't bother me personally. I swear like a sailor at times. The thing is that its at the appropriate time. Swearing constantly makes this forum look bad.

Comment

Oh flight sims.... Thanks Microsoft for your latest lovely creation - I now need a new computer

Comment

Boom! "Cleared to land on 16 center"...(liveatc.net, thanks Joe!)

What a tard.

My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
                    Boom! "Cleared to land on 16 center"...(liveatc.net, thanks Joe!)

What a tard.

man, the lady they had doing tower earlier was probably the cheeriest controller I have ever heard. All while working real hard to make sure everybody knew there was wind shear.

Comment

lol...there's nothing wrong with being a flight sim pilot. I play the crap out of that thing too. Its when people swear up and down that "its this way in flight sim, so its that way in real life" when people are telling them otherwise. I dont think the problem is flight sim, its an attitude thing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with not knowing something, or being mistaken about something. But when somebody corrects you (and proves that they are right), the bigger man will go "oh really...I didn't know that, thanks!" instead of "nuh uh!"

Oh, and the swearing doesn't bother me personally. I swear like a sailor at times. The thing is that its at the appropriate time. Swearing constantly makes this forum look bad.
                      Yeah I totally agree .

Comment

man, the lady they had doing tower earlier was probably the cheeriest controller I have ever heard. All while working real hard to make sure everybody knew there was wind shear.

I know! She was way happy - it made me laugh actually. Her mood certianly doesn't match the day

Comment

Maybe it's all the Starbucks.

Comment

Give him liveatc.net's KSEA link and tell him to shut the hell up.

Comment

..and THAT is why I left A.net over 5 years ago and never looked back.

What a complete ass. I can't imagine any of our screeners here using that tone regarding a photo. And what the hell is this about all photography being illegal at SEA? Is it a load of BS?
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                              X