2007 VW Jetta 2.5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 VW Jetta 2.5

My Parents are going to replace our Honda CR-V with a new car soon. We are going to lease the future vehicle. I am a big fan of VW and Jetta's and trust the VW brand. So anyways, I want a Jetta 2.5. Mohammad has one and likes to show it off ahahah, so I have questions for anyone that has driven a Jetta.

Are they reliable? There is a website stating that VW's and Jettas suck, but my uncle used to have a cabriolet and never had any problems. But are they reliable?

What about its power engine wise, is the I-5 great? Handling?

Lastly, is it worth it to buy?
    -Kevin

We had a diesel Passat in Germany, and then a Jetta when we moved here.. they were both fantastic cars. The Jetta lasted 15 years before we bought our second car

Comment

hahah, thanks for pluggin me in there!

Well, the car is well worth the money, mine was at around $23,000 and bought the month that it was out i think so i didn't really get a BANGIN deal on it. It is the 2.5 w/ pkg 1. The engine is also nice for the car in its class, a big improvement from the older Jetta, i can tell you that as i drive that from time to time too. The car is reliable, although both our Jettas are giving some transmission problems. The 04' Gl's was actually replaced, of course covered under warrenty, but it is still giveing problems with some major shift shock. But the 2.5 is MUCH smoother and only acts up once in a while (example would be if your going to stop at a stop sign, and you don't fully stop, most people don't haha, and it is still shifting down the gears, and if you don't stop completly and press the gas, it shifts down to the lower gear then the one your in and you feel a kick, which is strong enough to kick you back into your seat) Other then that, the transmission modes are nice too, With D, S, and triptronic. Usually i use sports, uses a little bit more gas as it shifts at a higher RPM, but it gives you that extra boast at the light to beat the other cars, of course you get whooped if there is a Audi RS4 is next to you, but the torque for the 2.5 is very nice. The interior is the best i've seen in any car in its class, it feels like your riding in a Benz, literally..

Only con is, LOWER IT!! the car is way to high, and you need to lower it to take the curves at a high speed. Although the 2007 was lowered 1", guess VW learned that it was too high. Other then that, i say go for it! Your parents won't regret it!

Now some picture whoring time

Like this shot for some reaon:
      ***My Blog***

Comment

Thanks Mo'! Whats the room like in the back seats? Also with tiptronic shifting does that give you any problems?
        -Kevin

Comment

With the front seats all the way back you still have some room in the back. Althoug it would be cramped, i usually have the seat all the way back since no one else sits in the car besides me. But as for you, if the person driving isn't incredibly tall, you have some decent amount of space in the back.
          ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by ACman
            Thanks Mo'! Whats the room like in the back seats? Also with tiptronic shifting does that give you any problems?
            I have the tiptronic shifting in my 22001 Passat and I love it!
            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
              I have the tiptronic shifting in my 22001 Passat and I love it!
              do you have a time machine that you aren't telling us about? Does it fly?

Comment

We are going to lease the future vehicle.
                Good move, leasing a car offers lots of advantages over just buying it, including cheaper maintenance (at least that's the case in Germany).

There is a website stating that VW's and Jettas suck,
                If you spend enough time on the net, you will realise that according to people on the net EVERY CAR svcks .

Also with tiptronic shifting does that give you any problems?
                Tiptronic is excellent, shifting gears faster than automatic does without having to always kick the clutch. Comes in handy especially during rush hour . Anyway, only problem that I have occasionally had on the Opel Vectra I drive at work is that when you brake, the car remains in 5th gear, though it should be going down automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                  Good move, leasing a car offers lots of advantages over just buying it, including cheaper maintenance (at least that's the case in Germany).
                  Exactly, you lease for 48 months, and then have the 48 months of MTC package and your set.
                  -Kevin

Comment

Working...
                  X