Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Firefox problem: How to get accented letters to show up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firefox problem: How to get accented letters to show up?

In Firefox, when I go to a non-English site, all the letters with accents are replaced with ?. The problem is not there in IE. Is there some extension I need to get to make the accented letters to show up properly?

What FF- version are you running it on ? Have you updated to the Firefox 2.0 ??

Can you post the link in question, (non english website) so we can try to see if it does the same with our Firefox.?
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
      What FF- version are you running it on ? Have you updated to the Firefox 2.0 ??

Can you post the link in question, (non english website) so we can try to see if it does the same with our Firefox.?
      Running Firefox 2.0

Mont Royal

There's an English page, but the improper characters just drive me mad...

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
        Running Firefox 2.0

Mont Royal

There's an English page, but the improper characters just drive me mad...
        Works fine here. It could be your computer's language package that doesnt support the site ?

Runned on FF2.0

Comment

What's funny is that the Quebec tourism site, AF, AC, and Tourime-Montreal work perfectly... just this one!

Comment

What's funny is that the Quebec tourism site, AF, AC, and Tourime-Montreal work perfectly... just this one!
            If that's so, then there's nothing much or anything I can help you with anymore. Weird that it doesnt work with this ONE ..... Hopes the others can help.

Comment

IT seems I also can't get Korean, Chinese, and Japanese either... (all tall rectangles instead)

Comment

works fine on my end

Comment

IT seems I also can't get Korean, Chinese, and Japanese either... (all tall rectangles instead)
                  You need to install special language packs to see those characters, otherwise you get your square boxes. Those are all on the Win XP CD.

Comment

Previous versions of Firefox had the same problem with encoding. Many pages were encoded UTF-8 or whatever else and end ended up with "?" instead of special characters.

Check the encoding languages (or however they are called in english Firefox verions) you have installed. I'll check the page this evening.

Gerardo
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Working...
                    X