Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things to do in YYZ/YUL

Hey Canadians,

I'm planning on a trip through Niagara Falls, Toronto, and Montreal from 28 Dec to 02 Jan. I've been to the falls and Toronto before, but never in winter. And Quebec will be a new province entirely. What attractions should I definitely not miss in those cities? So far, all I'm sure of is the CN tower in YYZ and maybe some skiing in Quebec...

Thanks!

Go to Niagara in winter - it looks freakin sweet. And visit the Cn Tower. Go spotting to YYZ. You might wanna catch a ferry to one of Toronto islands - the best place to get pictures of Toronto's skyline. Also if you want to shop go to Queen Street West - it is downtown, rrpobably the coolest street in t. Visit Eaton center (the huuuuge shopping mall). if you wanna go clubbing then go on Friday, basicly any club is sick, thou I prefer this in my area lol. And btw. we might meet each other in CYYZ as I'm planning to go spotting in these dasy - Cubana Il will be coming

Comment

As much as I'd like to blow a day at Pearson, I'm going with my family. And they would shoot me if I parked the car at an airport and took out the camera. The shopping sounds more up their alley though. Do those boat rides run in December?

Comment

http://www.toronto.com/ a great resource, have fun in TO!

Comment

Maybe make it so you drive through Toronto, Ottawa then Montreal. Hopefully its cold enough then that the canal will be frozen over so that people can skate on it. Niagara falls would be "cool" too for new years eve. I know the main toronto one is at Nathan Phillips Square, however I dont know if it is actually worth going.

Comment

Originally posted by andrew_c
            Nathan Phillips Square, however I dont know if it is actually worth going.
            hell no! I can't stant NPS at new years. went a couple times, and it's never been terribly exciting.

Niagara Falls is nice though the entire holidays though.

Comment

Should I expect snow in the YYZ area during the time? How about YUL?

Comment

Montreal was pretty awesome. I dont remember much of it...which means it was good.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                  You'd probably should. I'm hoping there won't be much in YOW/YUL as I'll be there at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                    Montreal was pretty awesome. I dont remember much of it...which means it was good.
                    good, thats where ill be for new years eve

Comment

You can come to Peterbrough!

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                        You can come to Peterbrough!
                        It looks like we'll probably drive through it en route to Montreal.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
                          expect upwards of 10 feet.... dont worry... its perfectly normal

Comment

Working...
                          X