"land of the free"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATLcenter
    If the uk is anything like America, I'd wonder how many immigrants are really offended by the flag in the first place... Hell, my family isn't even Christian but we put up a tree, exchange gifts, put up lights, and everything.
    You've hit the nail on the head with that reply ATLcenter over here you will prob find that 90% of Muslims dont give a crap about it some of the Muslim taxi drivers even had the George Cross flying on there Taxi's during the world cup You find that the ones that try and make these rules are the WHITE PC brigade

Cheers
    Alan

Comment

Originally posted by FatGit
      You've hit the nail on the head with that reply ATLcenter over here you will prob find that 90% of Muslims dont give a crap about it some of the Muslim taxi drivers even had the George Cross flying on there Taxi's during the world cup You find that the ones that try and make these rules are the WHITE PC brigade

Cheers
      Alan
      I would assume that is because the Cross is a symbol of English nationalism (not that it'd ever help England win or anything ) and not a symbol of Christian or "English" superiority. Honestly, some people beat themselves over for nothing.

Comment

I think the law is good, but a little flawed.

The US flag should not be required to be placed above foreign flags; it should fly alongside them on a seperate pole.

There was a British expat in my old hometown of Watertown, NY who displayed with pride the Union Jack and the Stars and Stripes, side by side, equal height, one two seperate poles in his front yard. That is the way that it should be done.

If these people are so eager to break our laws to get in here, the least they could do is show us a little respect. The United States is not Mexico, and the sooner they realize that the better. Hopefully a border-fence will stop all of this...
        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

The article says you can burn a US flag, last I knew that was illegal without a license/permission from the government...

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
            a border-fence will stop all of this...
            It won't. Might help a little bit though.

Originally posted by chrisburns
            The article says you can burn a US flag, last I knew that was illegal
            It isn't. Should it be?

Comment

It's not illegal but I think some people are trying to make it that way. Actually the proper way to dispose of the flag is to burn it.

Comment

That is the way that it should be done.
                why?

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                  why?
                  Because it shows respect for both nations without elevating one above the other.
                  Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Because it shows respect for both nations without elevating one above the other.
                    There's a pub 20 minutes from my house that flies only a Union Jack and all its employees are pesumably American. They're not automatically disrespecting America are they?

Comment

There's a pub 20 minutes from my house that flies only a Union Jack and all its employees are pesumably American. They're not automatically disrespecting America are they?
                      It would be better if they flew an American flag as well, although there is a bit of a difference between a themed restaurant and someone's personal residence.

Comment

an Irish flag would be better for a pub

Comment

Working...
                        X