My first show ever played!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first show ever played!

Tonight was amazing! I'm so stoaked and I have to tell people!

I played in my first show ever...and it was amazing for me at least.

Tonight my band and I played in my high school's battle of the bands and we tok 3rd out of 7. We got $75 for it too
    &auto play=1

check out the video and please please please give me opinions, comments, etc...

Bobby DeBarge
    www.debargephoto.com
    http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
    1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Pretty good there Bobby. I listened to the entire clip. The singer was a bit difficult to understand (quality of the recording?).

You are a pretty good bass player and you look pretty good on stage too (stage presence).

I was listening to the drummer as well. My oldest daughter is a drummer.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
      Pretty good there Bobby. I listened to the entire clip. The singer was a bit difficult to understand (quality of the recording?).

You are a pretty good bass player and you look pretty good on stage too (stage presence).

Now Bobby's gonna PM you asking for your daughter's msn address.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale

Thanks! It probably doesn't help that he was screaming everything either haha.

I couldn't tell ya what he says but I can get the lyrics if you want them haha.

What's funny is that I've actually only been playing bass for a week tomorrow (Thanksgiving) but have been playing the guitar for just around 6 years. Luckily for me the songs weren't that difficult.
        Bobby DeBarge
        www.debargephoto.com

Comment

Originally posted by bobby
          What's funny is that I've actually only been playing bass for a week tomorrow (Thanksgiving) but have been playing the guitar for just around 6 years. Luckily for me the songs weren't that difficult.
          Come to NZ, Ill give you lessons! Though Bass and Guitar are fairly easy to learn one then pick up the other, techniques a tad different though.

Im waiting for Mallinson to get his drumkit till i start rocking out with him, no one at my school wants to go for a metal-rock band, or is already in one.
          Sam Rudge
          A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Bobby. Nothing much to say than .... Great band dude !!!! I really like listening and viewing it. Carry on private !
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
              Now Bobby's gonna PM you asking for your daughter's msn address.
              hahaha. At least he is a few km away. Gees do boys flock to female drummers!

And she has a boyfriend (hard for me to type that word) and he plays bass in another band.

Comment

Not my type of music but good job guys !!! Good luck in the future

Comment

Haha. Its funny watching you Bobby . Anyways, good job and ya sound great...get another production from SmileyProductions. See ya on IM.
                  Ryan Davis
                  Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
                  www.flyerguide.net

Comment

That was um..scary...guess i'm too old now to appreciate such fine modern music

Comment

Thats cool! Good job for the entire band, the bass, guitars, and drums sound exelent. Not my fav singing style though, lol.

Comment

holy shit, that lady at teh beginning sounds like cartman!

Comment

lmao Chris! She does!

Thanks everyone a ton!
                          Bobby DeBarge
                          www.debargephoto.com

Comment

Originally posted by Simpleboy
                            Though Bass and Guitar are fairly easy to learn one then pick up the other, techniques a tad different though.
                            I have to disagree! I'm really not sure why people assume bass and guitar are virtually the same. They're COMPLETELY different instruments, and it's very rare you find a player equally competant and comfortable on both. As for them being easy, yes, it is easy to learn to play three chord song after three chord song badly, but learning to play any instrument to a high standard requires a LOT of work from the player!

Apologies for the mild rant, just had to be said! Bobby, as a sound engineer I've probably mixed 500 or more bands like you guys, and believe me there are far, far worse out there, so stick with it and gig as much as you can. Playing live can be a wonderful thing, so make the most of it!

Has to be said though, when I'm actually on stage playing me and Baby No.1 (my G&L L2500) prefer stuff a little easier on the ears!

Best of luck with the band!

Paul
                            Last edited by PMN; 2006-12-05, 19:27.
                            Seeing the world with a 3:2 aspect ratio...

My images on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by PMN
                              I have to disagree! I'm really not sure why people assume bass and guitar are virtually the same. They're COMPLETELY different instruments, and it's very rare you find a player equally competant and comfortable on both. As for them being easy, yes, it is easy to learn to play three chord song after three chord song badly, but learning to play any instrument to a high standard requires a LOT of work from the player!
                              Disagreeing again, I play both, bass for 4 years guitar, completely self taught on guitar which i only play about once a week. Im better than my friend whos been playing guitar having lessons, privately, one on one, for far longer than me. Yes they are completely different instruments, with different playing styles, but the fundamentals are effectively the same.

That being said, i still hate solos on guitar, and prefer to strum along as the rhythem as i find chords far easier than individual notes (yet i play bass go figure, must be those tiny frets.).
                              Sam Rudge
                              A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Working...
                              X