Aeroflot flight to Hanoi, summer 1972, from Laos: questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aeroflot flight to Hanoi, summer 1972, from Laos: questions

I was wondering if anyone had information on the type of aircraft American Jane Fonda flew in from Laos to Hanoi during the summer of 1972. In her autobiography, she mentions that the flight originated in Moscow (where she broke her ankle), flew to Laos, refueled, then on to Hanoi. En route, while descending near Hanoi, she apparently saw a couple of F-4's.

Basically, I was also wondering if the F-4's ever shot down an airliner during the conflict.

Thank you for your response.

I tried search in google and other sites but no luck. But I am almost sure that it was an Ilyushyn jet she flew simply because Aeroflot didn't own any 763s or 772s. The only long range jets they owned at that time were Ilyushyn IL-86.

http://www.aeroflot.ru/eng/company.a...=741&p_no=2027

Comment

wow pkonowrocki, your a freakin genius. I would have never had thought that aeroflot didn't have 767s or 777s in 1972, because, oh my, they didn't freaking exist!

Thank you for your awesome contribution to this forum, jackass.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodhound96
        wow pkonowrocki, your a freakin genius. I would have never had thought that aeroflot didn't have 767s or 777s in 1972, because, oh my, they didn't freaking exist!

*takes mod hat off*

absolutely freakin hilarious!

*mod hat on*

Comment

Old Hanoi Jane eh.........

Originally posted by GEuripides
          Basically, I was also wondering if the F-4's ever shot down an airliner during the conflict.Thank you for your response.
          I'm certain the answer is no.
          An F-4 and an Air Vietnam DC4 colided in the late 60's........the F-4 landed safely but the DC4 was not as fortunate with the loss of 60 or so lives.
          My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
            I tried search in google and other sites but no luck. But I am almost sure that it was an Ilyushyn jet she flew simply because Aeroflot didn't own any 763s or 772s. The only long range jets they owned at that time were Ilyushyn IL-86.

http://www.aeroflot.ru/eng/company.a...=741&p_no=2027
            The IL-86 didn't enter scheduled service before 1979 either. Not mention that it only was launched in 1971 to begin with.
            I would bet my money on an IL-62, as those were SU's planes of choice for longhaul flights.

Btw. shouldn't this be in the AvDisc forum?

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
              The IL-86 didn't enter scheduled service before 1979 either. Not mention that it only was launched in 1971 to begin with.
              I would bet my money on an IL-62, as those were SU's planes of choice for longhaul flights.
              How about the Tupolevs (134s?, 154s?), When did they started to acquiring those ?
              Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

As opposed to your awesome contribution.

id rather have someone give me some information than no information, as you have done.

piss off you rude shit.
                My photos on J.net

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                  How about the Tupolevs (134s?, 154s?), When did they started to acquiring those ?
                  The TU-134 sometime in the 60's, and the TU-154 from 1971 on, though both planes are more of short- to medium-haul flights, and neither has the range to operate a segment like MOS-Laos nonstop.

And as an aside keep it on the topic please, no need to get personal. And that goes for both sides. Sorry for playing mod, but that had to be said.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Maier
                    As opposed to your awesome contribution.

id rather have someone give me some information than no information, as you have done.

piss off you rude shit.
                    what you've posted isn't at all better than what he posted.

He had a point though.

Comment

Il-62
                      My photos on J.net

Comment

Hmm....and the point is ????

So what airplane did YOU think thye used ????? Except for telling us that 767/777 didn't exist back then....REALLLLYYY ???????? Wow I though A380 had it's first flight in XVIII century.....and what...look the master, "I know everything, others $uck" man just gave posted an important reply....wow what a waste of two minutes....great contribution.....

Anyway yes my bad. Il-86 could not have been used. IT was the Il-62.

Tupolevs, from as far as I know would not make it that far. They were used as short/medium range carriers.

And thanks for supprot Paul !

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                          The TU-134 sometime in the 60's, and the TU-154 from 1971 on, though both planes are more of short- to medium-haul flights, and neither has the range to operate a segment like MOS-Laos nonstop.
                          That means both the types could be excluded from the topic.

Thank you DAL767, that's all I wanted to know.
                          Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

We forgot about one mroe option. There was an Ilyushyn Il-62 also known as Russia's first transaltantic airliner. They were the first russian planes that could make it from eastern europe to western america without stopping. That might also be an option.

[photoid=5834231]

Anyway one thing is (almost) sure. The plane was Ilyushyn. We just don't know which one

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                              We forgot about one mroe option. There was an Ilyushyn Il-62 also known as Russia's first transaltantic airliner. They were the first russian planes that could make it from eastern europe to western america without stopping.
                              First Russian JET transatlantic airliner. The TU-114 prop had a range of 9950km, and was used for nonstop transatlantic flights from Moscow before the IL-62 came along.

Comment

Working...
                              X