Major storm over Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major storm over Denver

Well today was fun for me at SFO working at Frontier. First off I work for PrimeFlight which is a contract company, and they have me doing baggage handling at the ticket counter for Frontier. Now back to the topic, our first DEN flt. 650 went out great, and then our 668 flt. was all loaded and I think out of the gate and then we got the news that all DEN flights were cancelled. So the ramp had to unload the flight (which was I think had 121 out of 132) PAX and then also make sure the bags for the next flight #654 stayed at the bag room. So from 0930 until I got off of work the Ticket agents had a long line of PAX to deal with. Also to make things even more crazy starting tomorrow most of our flt. are almost full same with the other airlines.

Any one from the DEN location have any Pic's too add to the post.

Yeah, friend of mine had to leave his car stuck in the snow 2 blocks from his house. He said his 15 minute commute to work took an hour and 45 minutes

And here I am complaining about LA's 55 degrees.

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86

And here I am complaining about LA's 55 degrees.
      I know when I started my work week on Tues. our first Frontier flight was delayed 2hrs. because of the ice we had in the morning here in SFO and some of the I think Alaska aircraft were just sitting in the sun since SFO if course does not have any de-icing equipment.

Comment

So far I think the total down where I live is 18" with the same or more expected to come. Gonna be a fun night.

Comment

I was just reading the DEN airport website and it says that it will be closed through tomorrow evening.

Comment

I wish all winter will be like this. Can't complain, Northeast, mid December, and temps constantly into the 40's. Although nights get cool. We've only had a few days that it got really cold.

Comment

Haha indeed its great in the northeast haven't had a single snow storm here in CT as yet. Pretty much dreading my return to mid-west from the weather point of view :S

Haha Denver looks crazy! The video footage I saw on TV during news was too much!

Comment

Its been cold enough here to snow almost every morning this week here at SFO! I'm not surprised aircraft here had ice on them, there was a layer of ice over everything else yesterday and Monday.

Off topic, but one morning a few weeks ago aircraft were landing on the 1's for about 20 minutes, starting at around 8:15am or so. I called Devin and told him to tell you, but he said you were at work. Did you get to see it/get any pics? I jumped out of bed and headed down to Mills, but everything was backlit and my video camera was dead. By the time I got to Bart, I realised they were landing on the 28s again, so I got no pics.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

We have between 4 and 6 inches of ice on some hills here.
                  You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

My aunt and uncle lucked out; they flew AC to DEN from YYZ Tuesday for Xmas at my cousin's, the day before all this hassle started!

Comment

And the Embraer, actually two of them, are both still sitting there buried in the snow (12:00-22Dec).

Comment

YEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH, Our first flight of Frontier left SFO for DEN (flt.654) around 1pm. In fact when I got picked up from work around 1310 I saw it second in line for takeoff. Should be really busy tomorrow and Sun-Mon, luckily I have Sun-Mon. off.

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
                          And the Embraer, actually two of them, are both still sitting there buried in the snow (12:00-22Dec).
                          Lucky guys got to fly one down; I have yet to set foot on board one.

Comment

Originally posted by a78jumper
                            Lucky guys got to fly one down; I have yet to set foot on board one.
                            I've had 3 flights on the MJ's. They are beautiful to fly in but they are very unreliable for departure.

Comment

Well DEN is probably getting ready for the next storm as we speak. There is going to be heavy snow and wind on thurs. and Fri. Also I heard from my dad that Skywest is sending rampers from SFO and other stations to DEN to help out with the operations there. I sure hope its not like what they got last week.

Comment

Working...
                              X