Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flying the Hudson VFR Corridor to Manhattan (LOTS OF PICS)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying the Hudson VFR Corridor to Manhattan (LOTS OF PICS)

Today Steve and I hopped in the ole' 172SP and decided to aviate our asses over to Montgomery NY for a $500 breakfast (after this flight was said and done lol).

Enroute we took some pics which I am here to share .

Holding on for dear life... the turbulence today was the worst I have ever experienced in my 6 years of flying lol. My head hit the ceiling numerous times... so here is a pic of steve and i literally holding on lol.

George Washington Bridge

LGA

Our Lady Liberty

Just for our buddy Jordan

Southern Manhattan

Your's Truely

Ground Zero

Somebody didnt take their Menstraul Pain Medicine and had a Tummy Ache Captain Davis had to fly us home and land right seat

And our top speed for the day!

Thats all Hope you enjoyed
    Ryan Davis
    Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
    www.flyerguide.net

Sweet pics, picked the perfect wheather for that flight .

Comment

Wow how lucky you are man. I wish I could jsut hop in the Cessna and fly away....to Euro that is
      Keep it gangsta up in the air...o and night Steve

Comment

amazing/awesome photo's man. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

That was an awesome flight, however, if I could do it again, I wouldn't. Those winds were a bit too much today although I greased the landing back in Mansfield after I was sick. I felt like crap on the way back though...as you can see. I really didn't feel good at all. I flew the whole way down the corridor and back with the bumps though...which is why.

Comment

yeah Steve i know what you mean.....i love flying but I got really sick when i was flying with my friends on a 737 in the very last seat row (on the tail) and we hit some really strong turbulences on descend....

Comment

Had a blast nonetheless. I learned a lot that day thats for sure. Flying through that corridor is intense thats for sure lol. Flight restrictions out the ass on either side of you, traffic above and below you, and a tiny river to turn around on over a 600ft bridge when you're 200ft above it. SO little room for error.
              Ryan Davis
              Admin, FlyerGuide.Net
              www.flyerguide.net

Comment

Awesome shots Ryan!!! Great to see Battery Park from the air, my fav park in the world!
                E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

Originally posted by ExpressJet145
                  Had a blast nonetheless. I learned a lot that day thats for sure. Flying through that corridor is intense thats for sure lol. Flight restrictions out the ass on either side of you, traffic above and below you, and a tiny river to turn around on over a 600ft bridge when you're 200ft above it. SO little room for error.
                  And like you said, if you can fly the corridor, you can fly anywhere . I guess I was a good pilot since a. we didn't crash b. I didn't bust any airspace. YES!

Comment

Great photographs. It's nice to see NYC from a different point of view. Sadly, it's something I'll never be able to do, myself. Epilepsy (no matter how mild) and taking the wheel don't mix.

Comment

Sweet shots!

Originally posted by callufrax
                      Great photographs. It's nice to see NYC from a different point of view. Sadly, it's something I'll never be able to do, myself. Epilepsy (no matter how mild) and taking the wheel don't mix.
                      Whats wrong with going up with someone else and riding FO?
                      Bobby DeBarge
                      www.debargephoto.com
                      http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
                      1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Comment

Hmm. Didn't really think about that! Just need money and a friend with a plane!

Comment

I've flown the Hudson about 5 or 6 times, and all but the first I had a Bravo clearance so I could fly it at 1200 or so and not worry about busting airspace or getting too close to the GWB or Verrazano Bridge. The controllers are cool to deal with, really.

Mike
                          Van Hoolio's JP.net Photos
                          lp.org

Comment

Working...
                          X