Happy New Year Everyone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy New Year Everyone

An why not this Xmas and New Year Eve fiction, I wrote by translating and then adaptating an interview published by a local free newspaper
    Enjoy the ride
    Thank you for reading
    Alain

Official Supplier of Joy

It’s freezing but crystal blue sky reigns supreme over the white blanketed locale close by Rovaniemi in Finland. Finally, the famous craft shows up in short finals to the hitherto unmarked but yet registered landing streep. The reindeers powered single crewed empty sledge bounces trice before coming to an halt and ultimately taxi to the heated shed adjacent to the comfy chalet. Another night long solo circumnavigating the globe has just been completed, but the day is not yet over as the craft must now be prepared for a year long storage.

Tired but maliciously looking despite his venerable age, the man still has the eyes shining as those of kids but sights “Mission Accomplished” with some relief before taking time to answer a few questions.

Q : Good Morning Santa, must we actually refer to you as SantaKlaus or Father Xmas

A : just call me the way you used to when you were a kid. Anyway, I work in numerous countries and got set to speak lots of languages in each I am refered to with a specific translation !

Q : So let’s go for Santa. Next to all those years, how do you keep up your motivations and enthusiasm. Aren’t you afraid of routine ?

A : Haha, providing joy for good children, flying across the world on the sledge and handing over presents by thousands …. Well … I think they are much more mundane routines ! Besides, each Xmas eve looks if it were the first ever and let’s not overstate, it’s not celebrated as if it were everyday throughout the year. So during the year, I keep frolicking for this big event…

Q : Have you seen the job developing during your very long experience ? Which are today’s kids’ wishes ?

A : I am truly a privileged observer. Lots of things have changed. Toys are constantly evolving and are indeed less sturdy than times ago. One must address fashion, tackle with trends and even sometimes with whisms. Nowaday’s kids are definitely not the same as those of yesteryears. They are rightfully and often more demanding. For instance, lots complain of toy delivered without the associated batteries. They can’t put them at work immediately and are disappointed …..

Q : Isn’t too difficult to stay fit each year at this level of physical excellence ?

A : Off course it is. As you know, I am based here in Finland where provisions for social disbursments are at a premium as with many Nordic countries. At the time being, I make my best to avoid a business relocation. On D-Day eve, we stay vulnerable to a wildcat strike waged by the goblins or a token one driven by the ATCs in charge of sledges. Disaster on Xmas eve would be the direct consequence of this touchy position !

Q : Are you worried of planet heating ?

A : Sure, I am as delivering presents under rain instead of snow falls becomes more and more commonplace ! This time, I had both to order a new rainproof outfit and a new type of headgear coming up with twice as less lining.

Q : What do you answer to those who refer to you as a marketing product backed by a well-known US brand of soft drinks to supercede Saint-Nicholas in some areas ?

A : I keep good professional relations with Saint-Nicholas. He taught lots of tricks of the rope when I started. Above all, he figured out we do not overlap. We are not rivals. Providing for joy to good and abiding kids remains the top priority.

Q : On a more intimate plan, how is the going for Mother Xmas ? How far is she involved in putting things together ?

A : She goes all right. Stability of our duet is very important to me. But as I relish believing to “at home, I hold the reins” … More seriously, she helps me a lot in planning and setting the year’s end round robin(s). And be aware, just getting the overfly approvals this is a lot of work. I don’t know what I could do without her help. I think kids know it and often enclose some kind words for her.

Q : Santa, thank you very much. Let me wish you and your beloved a merry Xmas, although late and possibly inappropriately doing so and an Happy New Year.

Portray

Santa Klaus is the laic version of Saint Nicholas and first appeared in the US during the XIXth century and then in France a millennium or so later. The character is inspired from Nordic goblin Julenisse who brings presents at the middle of Winter together with Celtic God Gargan and Norse God Odin, who both travelled down to Earth to present kids with gifts.

Fashion

Clad in red with a bonnet lined with white fur, Santa Klaus in 2006 was very handsome sitting in his sledge. Snow laid around and winter was smart looking.

Vacations

On hard job once a year, Santa capitalizes on vacations to keep physically fit. On summertimes, he indulges in some well earned rest, his mind still filled with memories of presents handed over and smiles.

Wanabees

When celebrations come out, would-be santas invade shopping-malls and getting a right idea becomes difficult. Yet, only one is approved to lay wrapped gifts at the feet of Xmas trees.
    Thanks for visiting
    *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
    *JetPhotos*
    Airliners*Pbase.com

The snow passed away from Denmark throughout Christmas, I guess it won't be a White New year either. How my gf. wished it was a white xmas just disappointed her very much. It will prolly disappoint her once again when she realize no snow this year either. Pah.

Hey.. Btw I got a really bad news... I have to go to work from 3pm-1am *cries*

Man it was fun last year, but heck..Not again...

Where are you guys gonna be at New year ???

-----------------------------
    Happy New year Everyone...

Edit: Double post below *
    Last edited by MaxPower; 2006-12-28, 23:54.
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

You can jump in the car and drive up to Sweden or Norway, plenty of snow there!

In the UK we either have to get a flight, a ferry or pay a fortune on Eurotunnel to get anywhere!

Comment

Here is the same. But snow locally shows up on mid January at the earliest.
        Alain
        Thanks for visiting
        *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
        *JetPhotos*
        Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

Well, we finally had snow yesterday, the whole whopping 0.5cm of it . And it was already gone after roughly 7 hours ...

Comment

^^
            Here is the same. But snow locally shows up on mid January at the earliest.
            I hope we get to be that lucky over here. Hopefulkly it will eventually show up also in january *

Well, we finally had snow yesterday, the whole whopping 0.5cm of it . And it was already gone after roughly 7 hours ...
            Atleast you can say you had your first snow there.. Blow some of it towards denmark, will ya...
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

Working...
            X