I Got Shafted By A Girl. :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Longreach747
    some people have trouble letting go...it's their loss, not sure why you guys are holding on so tight that it suffocates your normal lives.
    Well put! Moving on is very important. I was devistated after a recent break up, but if it never happened, I would have never found my current girlfriend who is just about perfect for me. You never know what you'll find around the corner. And the longer you sit around and mope, the better chance you have of missing it.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

With respect Monty come back and say that again when you have spent ten years with someone and put 100% into the relationship only to see her walk off with someone else.

I'm out having fun, I'm enjoying my life a whole lot more than I did when I was married. Likewise I was absolutely devastated when my wife left me, but had she not done that I would not have just had the best New Years Eve of my life, I would not have made the good friends I have recently met, I would not have moved back to my home city, I would not have become closer to my brother, I would not have changed my job etc etc etc......it got me out of a rut and I am grateful for that.

Although if I was still married I wouldn't have got bored to death at PER last Wednesday either.

Things happen for a reason, my divorce was the best thing that happened to me even though it was the most painful thing to happen to me.

Matt
      My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

A divorce and a teenager not getting to sow his oats with a lass off the internet are at complete different ends of the 'get a grip' spectrum.

Matt, glad to see you are getting some positives out of what must have been a 100% shite time of your life.

Messer, glad to see you have got a grip and are now perving on real birds in the gym rather than a pic of some shorty on your LCD

Comment

Originally posted by egll
          With respect Monty come back and say that again when you have spent ten years with someone and put 100% into the relationship only to see her walk off with someone else.

I'm out having fun, I'm enjoying my life a whole lot more than I did when I was married. Likewise I was absolutely devastated when my wife left me, but had she not done that I would not have just had the best New Years Eve of my life, I would not have made the good friends I have recently met, I would not have moved back to my home city, I would not have become closer to my brother, I would not have changed my job etc etc etc......it got me out of a rut and I am grateful for that.

Although if I was still married I wouldn't have got bored to death at PER last Wednesday either.

Things happen for a reason, my divorce was the best thing that happened to me even though it was the most painful thing to happen to me.

Matt
          been down that road Matt, that's why i'm saying it...not married but 6 years in a relationship that saw her waltz off with someone else while i was in rehab for head injuries. just seems like you're comparing everyone to her & there is some anger there.

if she's done you that big of a favour then why keep bashing the dead horse? all the positives she's brought to you get drowned out by the negatives you dwell on.

if she thinks you're not good enough for her then fuck her...move on, why even bother hating her? why even mention her? when it happend to me i just thought hmmmm..fuck you sweetheart, see you in another life. So don't think i haven't been down that road before.

you don't have to hear anything i say...even read this post, but i went down this road 5 years before you & i'd like to think i put just as much in to my relationship as you did, therefore i lost just as much...but at the end of the day i didn't lose a thing, i didn't focus on negatives, just picked up and moved on.

i just have to click on the "live my life" link in your profile...
          Last edited by Longreach747; 2007-01-11, 22:20.

next trips
          USA/DXB August.

Comment

I know what you are saying Monty, but no two situations are ever quite the same, and the way that you handled your situation is different from how I am handling mine-it doesn't mean that either of us is right or wrong, the main thing is that you worked through your problem in a way that you were comfortable with and I am working through mine in a way that I am comfortable with. The end result is the same. What happened to me on October 4th 2006 is something I will never ever forget, I doubt that I am entirely over it-but I am over to a sufficient degree that I can go out and have a good time with my current girlfriend without getting stressed that she is going to stitch me up like my ex-wife did.

Heartbreak is one of the worst feelings you can have, but nowhere near as bad as the feeling of never having loved or been loved.

Matt
            My gallery of transport and travel pictures.

Click Here to view my photos at RailPictures.Net!

Comment

if you doubt that you're entirely over it then why give only part of yourself to another person? obviously the other part of you is with your ex-wife, be it animosity, love or whatever. not only are you robbing your current g/f, you're selling yourself shot too. it's obvious that it still eats away at you, your blog illustrates that.

i learnt one thing from my ex...that was not to hate them for their own stupid actions, let alone give them another minute of my thinking time. it serves no purpose other then the stop me from growing as an individual. I'm not having a swipe at you, but the pain you feel is a universal one when one someone rejects you...it's no different from the pain i felt, the seperated couple heading to divorce court feels or any other person for that matter.

what i think has gotten to you more then anything is the fact that it happend and you had no control over it, you can't control another person whether you're married to them or not, we're all free agents, it's just a matter of the how morally in-tune the partner is.

i really hope you were having a laugh when you said your current g/f has the maturity of a foetus.
              Last edited by Longreach747; 2007-01-12, 00:50.

next trips
              USA/DXB August.

Comment

Working...
              X