African Scammers Now Spamming Aviation Sites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• African Scammers Now Spamming Aviation Sites

How is the photographer supposed to know how he can go about leasing the plane.

Probably wants it to transport the $10 million he has hidden for you from the evil king, which he can only get out of the country with your help and bank account.

In the past, I'd received spam emails wanting to buy railway equipment from me: locomotives, passenger and freight cars, MOW equipment, rails, concrete sleepers (ties), building a maintenance depot, and a whole lot more.

Comment

I notice its a gmail account that it was sent too? Is it me or do you tend to get more spam through gmail than any other email accounts? I must get 10 a day and have had the odd one that wasn't filtered out from people in Africa wanting money!!

http://stu-doherty.fotopic.net

Comment

Originally posted by stu2ii2
        I notice its a gmail account that it was sent too? Is it me or do you tend to get more spam through gmail than any other email accounts? I must get 10 a day and have had the odd one that wasn't filtered out from people in Africa wanting money!!
        I don't get any spam usually. This is quite rare that he apparantly sent it from a.net's contact thing, thats why I thought it noteworthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
          I don't get any spam usually. This is quite rare that he apparantly sent it from a.net's contact thing, thats why I thought it noteworthy.
          Then my settings must be wrong as they do annoy me?

http://stu-doherty.fotopic.net

Comment

I've had a couple of these too. I'm just wondering how much I'm gonna make brokering a deal on 2 Let-410's and a Short 360!

Anyone know where I can get said aircraft?

Andy

Comment

Then my settings must be wrong as they do annoy me?
              Dunno, depends on how they got your e-mail. This particular one only got sent by the a.net message interface which doesn't reveal your e-mail address unless you respond to the person. If you respond to them, they could spam you more. Other than that, it's hard to say how they get your e-mail. But they get them somehow. Best thing to do, is just don't respond to them. As for spam filters, those can end up blocking legit stuff too.

Originally posted by exmanx
              I've had a couple of these too. I'm just wondering how much I'm gonna make brokering a deal on 2 Let-410's and a Short 360!

Anyone know where I can get said aircraft?

Andy
              Yeah, this guy wanted a Shorts 360

Comment

Ooooo he speaks better English than me

You should actually pretend to be interested in selling him one

Comment

A.net does their email stuff using Gmail. Via my A.net email account I've gotten several different leasing ones, the usual bank, eBay, and PayPal phishing emails, and just about every type of spam out there. My personal Gmail account doesn't get that much spam.

Comment

A.net are probably selling our email adresses to these spammers to make abit more money

Comment

Working...
                    X