No announcement yet.

Where to get good Computers in the UK?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get good Computers in the UK?

Hi guys,

Im currently searching for a new Computer. I want to get one with good Graphics card, quiet abit of RAM and a pretty good processor, mainly to use FS2004 on seeing as I don't want FSX. I've looked on a few sites but im not quiet sure what to look for... I also looked on the Dell site which has one for PC, which Christian said it was an insane computer, wheather he was taking the piss or not I dunno.

The only thing I know about is RAM If anybody can also suggest any good graphics cards and Processors then I may have abit of a clue.

Cheers,
    Sam

How much do you want to spend?

Comment

Well £800 max, but i'd like something cheaper if that's possible

Comment

Thought about building your own?
        My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Wilson
          Thought about building your own?
          I wouldn't know where to start, Greg!

Comment

Nor did I two years ago And I must admit I got a bit of help from my daughters boyfriend.
            In a nutshell all your hardware is is four screw mounted in the tower and cabled together.Keep your old computer until your new one is up and away.
            I'm not saying it is dead easy but not impossible.For half the price you get twice the computer, and don't pay for the add on crap,cheap speakers etc etc that come with the bundled PC.
            Just have a look at the possibilities,do some research,give yourself time even get some quotes from those that build to your specs.
            Members here will advise in video cards etc etc.
            Young stud like you should have the ability to learn and have a crack at it, especially with all the online info.
            Now this old prick is off for his bi-annual eye test....catch you later.........
            My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Hahaha Cheers for that Greg. I'll give it ago. There's also a shot near me that builds PC's I think, but im not sure. I think i'll PM Patryk (Sorry Pat but I ent spelling your second name) and see what Graphics card he has.

If I was to get one built from the place near me can anyone reccommend anything?

Comment

Try buying everything yourself, and get a friend to fix it up for you (if you know anyone?) if not i know someone who is pretty good with comps and may be able to do it.

Sam

Comment

I built mine...means i can swap bits in and out when i want. My laptop beats it on spec now though.

I've got an AMD Sempron 3100+, 1.5 GB Ram, 2 x 80 GB HD, GeForce 7900 graphics card with 512mb on board (the cut down one though). Twin monitors (one TFT, one CRT with both to be replaced this year)

I think the processor is the slow bit in the chain now which means yet another new motherboard and processor combo to upgrade.

Comment

Email me with what you want and I`ll tell you what it would cost to have it built. We do self builds for several clients and its by far the best way to go as it is only the same as a PC World type PC without paying £400 for the badge!

Better to get the highest spec components you can as in a year or so`s time some game will come out that will need a PC that makes even last years models seem outdated!

P.S. Dell are shite, dont touch them.

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
                      I built mine...means i can swap bits in and out when i want. My laptop beats it on spec now though.

I've got an AMD Sempron 3100+, 1.5 GB Ram, 2 x 80 GB HD, GeForce 7900 graphics card with 512mb on board (the cut down one though). Twin monitors (one TFT, one CRT with both to be replaced this year)

I think the processor is the slow bit in the chain now which means yet another new motherboard and processor combo to upgrade.
                      Is the GeForce 7900 any good James?? I was thinking of getting it if i sell this bloody Hornby train set thing on ebay

Comment

7900 is awesome...fs2004 is ace but still struggles with fsx...think that's my main processor though. I paid £180 for my msi card which got good reviews.

Comment

Philh, I'll PM you when I decided what to go for

Comment

Alright guys I need your help again The computer I have at the moment is really bad see specs below...

706mb RAM, AMD Sempron 1.83GHz 2600+

Now, i've been looking on eBuyer and the best one I can find for this PC is a...

AMD Sempron 2.00GHz 3400+

That's £30, which seems pretty good, although I need opinions. I'd rather save up for travelling than buy a new PC.

Comment

I have Geforce 7900GT, but haven't play FSX for long time.

Comment

Working...
                              X