Panama Canal google map pix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Panama Canal google map pix

I was browsing the Panama Canal. I noticed one of the tanker or cargo had been sunk. Is this real sunk tanker or cargo? Have you heard anything in the past years? Look closer the sun shadow angle it looks like sunk the ship.

See the image:

Thanks,

Stuart

to me it looks like its a place where two separate satellite images were stitched together. The taker was there when one image was done, but when the second image was taken it wasn't, therefore half of it appears not to be there, and the gradient is caused by the stitching.

Comment

It's not a sunk ship.

The way Google assembles these images is that they mesh thousands of images to make it seem like a continuous image. What you are seeing is the border of two of those images. See how one side of the canal is much darker? They're two different pics blended to look like one, and the ship just looks like it's sunk.

If you poke around a mountainous place like Colorado long enough, you'll see places where half the map is snowy and wintry while the other half is sunny and green. Same thing...two different pics.

Comment

Is this on the Pacific side? There is an old messed up ship there near the bank thats like run aground or something. I saw it when I went there, not sure if thats the same thing or not, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
          Is this on the Pacific side? There is an old messed up ship there near the bank thats like run aground or something. I saw it when I went there, not sure if thats the same thing or not, but it's not out of the realm of possibility.
          It looks like there is a tug attached to its bow. I don't think it's abandoned.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
            It looks like there is a tug attached to its bow. I don't think it's abandoned.
            Well, I dunno. I'm just giving an example of what I remember seeing. But I just went and found it for myself, and I don't think that it's what I was talking about

Comment

Look on Google Earth and go to Heathrow airport. Last time I looked it had an aircraft at various stages of landing, from approach to touch down and then going down the runway. Its a good example of how Google Earth works as all the images arent taken at the same second but stepped over time instead.

Comment

Working...
              X