20000 more troops sent to Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Messerschmitt Man
    I'm just going to sit back with my popcorn and watch the carnage as these 2000 sitting duck's move in.
    Unfortunatly, it's not going to be as funny for the reltives and friends of those being sent there, and those that either come back dead, or worse crippled for the rest of their lives

That being said, I guess Bush doesn't care what happens really, he has two years left and that's it, Lindon Johnson didn't want to pull out of Vietnam either because he didn't want to admit his failure, and same with Bush and Iraq. But the look on his face tells it all "I have not a fucking clue about what's going on here or what to do. So I'm just gonna do whatever I want, to hell with whatever the generals, or anyone else say." This will probably all end very soon once the 2008 elections are up if the next pres decides to pull out, or Congress just cuts the funding like they did in the past for the mega failures of Vietnam and Somalia.

Comment

I'm just going to sit back with my popcorn and watch the carnage as these 2000 sitting duck's move in.
      What kind of bullshit statement is that? I'm not some pro war republican, I'm against the war. Really not a cool thing to say.
      Last edited by JordanD; 2007-01-14, 00:45. Reason: Punctuation

Comment

pull your head in...no wonder you can't get a date with a mindset like that. the toll is high enough as it is without adding to it.

next trips
        USA/DXB August.

Comment

I don't think it will be entertaining at all, on either side, these are human lives being lost. Why don't you try and think about the families and friends whos lives are shattered at the loss of a solider on either side.
          sigpic
          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

You guy's are better off channelling your energy into throwing your corrupt government out of power, I don't particularly want to see soldier's die, I don't want to see Iraqi's die either.

A president with strong christian beliefs was a recipe for disaster from day one. I hope you guy's have learnt your lesson (doubt it though because he was re-elected) because that monkey is an embarrassment to your country.

Don't attack me, I'm not the one with blood on my hand's.

Comment

Hell, don't point the finger at me for his re-election, I'm from California!

Interesting how he wins the election, but loses the support of 70% or so of America's citizens shortly thereafter. They should have thought of that before they voted.

I don't support Bush on this war(or just about anything else for that matter) but I am not going to vent my anger toward our troops. They don't deserve to pay for the governments mistakes.
              sigpic

Comment

A president with strong christian beliefs was a recipe for disaster from day one. I hope you guy's have learnt your lesson (doubt it though because he was re-elected) because that monkey is an embarrassment to your country.
                Pretty much every President we have had has been Christian. It isn't like Bush is the only one.

Athiest leaders don't tend to do much better (remember Stalin?).
                Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                  Pretty much every President we have had has been Christian. It isn't like Bush is the only one.
                  He didnt say having a Christian president was a bad thing, but having one who follows his beliefs to the extremes Bush does was.

As for the most part, im staying out of this.
                  Sam Rudge
                  A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

He didnt say having a Christian president was a bad thing, but having one who follows his beliefs to the extremes Bush does was.
                    He may have meant that, but that isn't what he said.

A president with strong christian beliefs was a recipe for disaster from day one.
                    Translation: Devout Christian presidents aren't good. A completely ignorant statement considering some of this nation's best presidents have been strong Christians and some of the world's worst tyrants have been atheist or agnostic.
                    Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
                      He may have meant that, but that isn't what he said.

A completely ignorant statement considering some of this nation's best presidents have been strong Christians and some of the world's worst tyrants have been atheist or agnostic.
                      don't ever recall a US president saying " God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq"

'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

translation..i think i'm god, but i'm nothing more then a tyrant like Saddam, but i have a phone line straight to god, and by god i'm gonna use it.

wonder what his legacy will be? that he liked to play god with other countries affairs? that he ended up causing more god loving people to strap bomb vests to themselves and start killing innocent people? God W Bush, the only man with a direct line to god himself.

next trips
                      USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
                        don't ever recall a US president saying " God had told him to invade Afghanistan and Iraq"

'I'm driven with a mission from God. God would tell me, "George, go and fight those terrorists in Afghanistan." And I did, and then God would tell me, "George, go and end the tyranny in Iraq …" And I did. And now, again, I feel God's words coming to me, "Go get the Palestinians their state and get the Israelis their security, and get peace in the Middle East." And by God I'm gonna do it.'"

translation..i think i'm god, but i'm nothing more then a tyrant like Saddam, but i have a phone line straight to god, and by god i'm gonna use it.

wonder what his legacy will be? that he liked to play god with other countries affairs? that he ended up causing more god loving people to strap bomb vests to themselves and start killing innocent people? God W Bush, the only man with a direct line to god himself.
                        Don't the terrorists also have god telling them stuff? Sounds like this is just one big strategy game for God, and since he has no friends he has to play against himself.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                          Don't the terrorists also have god telling them stuff? Sounds like this is just one big strategy game for God, and since he has no friends he has to play against himself.
                          didn't i mention that Bush has created more god loving terrorists who are willing to strap bombs to themselves and kill innocent people? isn't amazing what some people do in the name of god? only reason why Bush can get away with it is because he's a politician...who likes to think he's god.

would the real god like to step up?

next trips
                          USA/DXB August.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
                            would the real god like to step up?
                            Mabey after dinner, kinda occupied right now.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X