I need to moan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to moan

I would just like to have a moan about how i hate my camera/me I go MAN freezing my balls off stood bored to hell thinking 'ooo yey i'll have some good pics to upload when i get back' and i get back and there all bloody blurry! I HATE IT! *screams* its so annoying! argh, so i just thought i'd moan

can't help you, but I do like your avatar

Comment

You just got the camera no? I just got mine as well. You need to sit down and play with the settings and read the manual. What lens are you using? What focus mode are you using?

Comment

Yeh i only just got camera. Was using a 75-300mm III USM and i think i was in AV mode F8

Comment

Did you not take a gander at the images on your screen while taking them?
          Bobby DeBarge
          www.debargephoto.com
          http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
          1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Comment

i did a little but they looked ok

Comment

What I try to do is zoom in on the image to make sure it's okay...because like you, I used to come home and be dissapointed in the image quality when it looked good on screen
              Bobby DeBarge
              www.debargephoto.com
              http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
              1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Comment

What shutter speed was used in the blurry photos?
                Sam Rudge
                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

Not sure it was on auto, but i think it was around 1/350th

Comment

Originally posted by Sam at MAN
                    Not sure it was on auto, but i think it was around 1/350th
                    You can check by looking at the exif data. Right click on the photo, ->properties->summary->advanced, then just check the shutter speed.
                    Sam Rudge

Comment

They range from 1/200 - 1/400

Comment

There we go, since you were 'freezing your balls off" im guessing you were shivering, making holding the camera still rather difficult. 1/200th at 300mm(*1.6) isnt an easy exposure in freezing conditions. A fairly good rule of thumb is 1/focal length, but due to crop factor its more along the lines of
                        300mm = 1/500th
                        200mm = 1/300th
                        100mm = 1/160th
                        70mm = 1/125th

You should have a rough idea what your focal length is and can see if your going to hit those targets or be faster. If at f8 you arent getting those shutter speeds you can drop the aperture to f7.1 or thereabouts or bump up the ISO to 200, if really necessary 400. People would say its not worth the grain but havign some grain in your shots is better than not having them.
                        Sam Rudge

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                          can't help you, but I do like your avatar
                          I second that notion.
                          sigpic
                          http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Are you sure you didnt go at night. They would be blurry then.

The 350 can be a right little b**tard with exposure settings but you get used to its little quirks! Dont trust that LCD screen on your camera even 1%. It is a magic screen that makes every pic look good but when you get them home it is a different story. As mentioned before, make sure you zoom in on the screen to check, and buy some spare batteries!

Comment

I should be moaning now regarding my aircraft pictures. THEY'RE ALL GONE! My computer had a horrible error which occured right after I re-installed FSX(not caused by a virus, but by the system itself) and I lost everything! And worse yet, I hadn't had the internet on that computer for 4 months now due to DSL problems, so I couldn't upload any of my photos that were on there. And I had hundreds of pictures I've taken at SFO and SJC since getting my Digital Rebel in September, and over a hundred that were good enough to upload, and several that were much better shots than anything I have online thus far. Not to mention all the shots of AA's last 777 service into SJC, a Pan Am 722 at SJC, and ramp shots I got to take at night at SFO, which is an oppertunity I will probably not get again for years and years.

Now all I have left are a handfull of pics from SJC that I put on the computer which I am on right now, but they arn't as high quality as they were on my computer, seeing as they were burned to a CD and put on this computer and lost quality in the process.

Is there anything I can do to recover these files? Sometimes I wish I still spotted with my Rebel Ti, slides don't simply disapear.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                              X