X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crism
    replied
    Originally posted by Crunk415balla
    I learned to fly before I even started drivers ed. Though I don't have a PPL yet.

Its simple really, I had an interest to fly since I was 3 or 4. I've only wanted to drive for a few months now. I'm more scared when I hop in a car than when I hop in a plane, for me worrying about every other idiot out there on the road is harder and more nerve wrecking than flying!
    My mom forced me to get my license. I'm pretty happy that I did too. I got my permit right when I was 16 and license the DAY I was 16 1/2. I drove a standard for the road test too. I soloed 3 months after my 16th birthday (because of CFI problems) and got my PPL 4 months after my 17th (more CFI problems ugh). Now I'm here and happy as ever working my butt off at the airport and going to school.

Leave a comment:

• Cam
    replied
    This thread got legs....so much for a few sentences....you go Paul.

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
    That's scary, you can fly a plane, but can't drive a car...
    I learned to fly before I even started drivers ed. Though I don't have a PPL yet.

Its simple really, I had an interest to fly since I was 3 or 4. I've only wanted to drive for a few months now. I'm more scared when I hop in a car than when I hop in a plane, for me worrying about every other idiot out there on the road is harder and more nerve wrecking than flying!

Leave a comment:

• DAL767-400ER
    replied
    Middle lane of a 3-lane straight Autobahn at 6 in the morning . Though in recent times I hardly ever go over 120km. I simply don't have the money for all the fuel that I put through going 180-200 all the time.

Leave a comment:

• ATLcenter
    replied
    110mph - Civic - I-16
    100mph - Civic - State route 120 (2 am)

Both instances on roads I know well which are straight for at least another mile or more with plenty of light and literally no traffic.

But 250 kmph...whew!

Leave a comment:

• DAL767-400ER
    replied
    Exactly, there's nothing better than going 250 on a regular road. If you've done that, most traffic related problems won't scare you anymore .

Leave a comment:

• JordanD
    replied
    Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
    Pah, wimp .
    Blah you Germans are just fearless from driving on that Autobahn of yours.

Leave a comment:

• DAL767-400ER
    replied
    Originally posted by JordanD
    Hah same here. Driving scares the shit out of me a lot more than soloing an airplane does actually. Too many other douchebags out there who don't obey the traffic laws.
    Pah, wimp .

Leave a comment:

• JordanD
    replied
    Originally posted by Crism
    I solo'ed a 172 before I drove a car alone...our government is the best isn't it?
    Hah same here. Driving scares the shit out of me a lot more than soloing an airplane does actually. Too many other douchebags out there who don't obey the traffic laws.

Leave a comment:

• Chris@YYZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Crism
    I find that the bigger the thread the more stupidity...lol its so true...especially between Jordan and the S[p]am twins

you, my friend, are a mountain goat.

Leave a comment:

• Crism
    replied
    Originally posted by FlyingPhotog
    I solo'ed a 172 before I drove a car alone...our government is the best isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• FlyingPhotog
    replied
    Originally posted by Chris@YYZ
    nope, I dont have my drivers license so I havent driven on icy roads, but when I'm in someone else's car is usually makes me a bit nervous

I've only landed a cessna on an icy runway, and that was a pretty harrowing experience

Leave a comment:

• Crism
    replied
    I find that the bigger the thread the more stupidity...lol its so true...especially between Jordan and the S[p]am twins

Leave a comment:

• DAL767-400ER
    replied
    It's pretty random. That's what all the bigger JP.Net OTF threads have in common . And just wait till it finally starts to snow here, I'll be showing you some pics of snow roads then .

Leave a comment:

• JordanD
    replied
    How did this thread get so big.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X