Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People like this woman make me angry to be from here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People like this woman make me angry to be from here!

Mom seeks appeal in Harry Potter case

FROM STAFF, WIRE REPORTS
    Published on: 01/18/07 A Loganville mother who claims Harry Potter books promote wickedness and witchcraft said she will appeal the state's decision to allow the best-selling books to remain in Gwinnett school libraries.

Laura Mallory, who has three children in elementary school, said Wednesday she has requested an appeal of her case to Gwinnett Superior Court

Mallory has said the books should be removed from all Gwinnett County public schools.

AJC link (May require registration):
    Gwinnett Daily Post link (Outdated, but no registration)
    --------------------------------------------------------

Clearly, this woman is off her rocker. She hasn't even read the books because they're "long and [she] has four kids". She says she knows they're obscene because of "research". Thankfully, it seems the county has enough brains to realize this woman is flat-wrong, but it's shocking she'd waste so much time and money to drag this on. Don't like it? DON'T READ IT!

I remember seeing a few years back a news story about people burning Harry Potter books. Because yep, Harry Potter is the route of all evil in the world.

Comment

Why is it that the dumbest genetic trash has the most offspring? 4 kids, and likely an IQ of the same number .

Comment

I've changed my views on euthanasia...it now includes stupid people like her.

Comment

dumbass

Comment

Not again

Comment

The best way to make a lot of money is to rob a bank, which sadly is illegal.

The best legal way to make a lot of money is by suing someone. (especially in this country). I won't be surprised if the case starts asking for an injunction and ends with emotional distress caused by the books :P. Most of the litigation here is crazy !!!

Comment

Originally posted by arifpal
                The best way to make a lot of money is to rob a bank, which sadly is illegal.

The best legal way to make a lot of money is by suing someone. (especially in this country). I won't be surprised if the case starts asking for an injunction and ends with emotional distress caused by the books :P. Most of the litigation here is crazy !!!
                But she hasn't even read the books! I own all of them and none of the covers have anything obscene written on them, so it can't possibly be offending. Worst I've come across in HP is "If the bitch is bad, the pups are bad too" in the third one.

Comment

Cleary she has religous motivations. If she wants to be a good person religously, she should do something that actually helps someon. Volunteer at a soup kitcheon, volunteer with habbitat for humanity, etc. Don't waste everyone's time and money on this garbage about a book she hasn't even read. America is all about free speech. This includes free publication. Kids should be allowed to read whatever they choose. And considering this is on a religous basis, the school shouldnt remove it due to separation of church and state.

Bottom line: if you don't want your kids to read it, don't let them. Don't parent everyone else's kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
                    Cleary she has religous motivations. If she wants to be a good person religously, she should do something that actually helps someon. Volunteer at a soup kitcheon, volunteer with habbitat for humanity, etc. Don't waste everyone's time and money on this garbage about a book she hasn't even read. America is all about free speech. This includes free publication. Kids should be allowed to read whatever they choose. And considering this is on a religous basis, the school shouldnt remove it due to separation of church and state.

Bottom line: if you don't want your kids to read it, don't let them. Don't parent everyone else's kids.
                    Exactly.

Comment

Reminds me of someone called Mary Whitehouse:

Comment

Working...
                      X