No announcement yet.

What's up at A.net

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay, Johan's airweenies.net is still down!!!!! I am sure they are all enjoying their "first class memberships" now!!!!!!!!

Comment

Douglas,
      Do you have any pictures there?

Better yet, do you have any pictures here?

Comment

This just in:

It's up again. At least, I got there via Google.

Comment

A.net is on again, at least from here

Comment

They had a server problem that's been fixed, but they are looking for a permanent solution. So this problem could pop up from time to time until they resolve their server issues.

Comment

re: JeffinDEN

JeffinDEN: All right, Granted, I give the photographers credit and respect for their work, and I could have retrospectively worded my comment better as my hatred for the site is more toward the non photo sections (aka the forums), especially toward the non-av "so called aviation" fanatics such as Jaysit !

Comment

Ok, but it's just a website, HATE is a pretty strong emotion for something that does not really exist.

You'll like P'cola Great museum at the NAS.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
                  Ok, but it's just a website, HATE is a pretty strong emotion for something that does not really exist.

You'll like P'cola Great museum at the NAS.
                  All right, that was a rather strong word for me to use..., but hey, it's pretty much the truth in the one half of the site! (especially after ex users such as myself get railroaded by mods such as H*&^%$!)

PS Jeff: Is Colorado as good as it is?? (I have a friend that lives in Arvada that is glossing about her living there, and I need to find out if she has good reason to.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffinDEN
                    Not being able to access Anet does not mean the site itself is down. There could be a failure (router, DNS,etc) upstream. I could not hit I.P.s up the line from that server so, I suspect routing issues on his subnet.
                    way way way over my head

Comment

Went on a.net last night and today, haven't had a problem.

Comment

This just in. Airlners back online, same Problems exist

Don't know what the fuss was all about though. This site still worked. Seems all the issues should be addressed on the other site. Or is it that Chris is covertly responsible for bringing Airliners back online when it goes down

Comment

Can't see any difference .. how long are they going to try that "we're still learning" garbage before they finally give it a rest? 18 months with the same problems and the same excuses is about 17 months to long.

Given the thread someone showed me today, nothing has changed .. arrogance still abounds with the so called crew and really bad, unjustifiable screening decisions are still being made with a select few attempting to justify them. It's no wonder that the balance of power is slowly shifting.

On a brighter note, who else has noticed that as a.net slides very slowly down the list of popular sites (Alexa), jetphotos has been flying up the list .. now in the top 60,000 sites and not yet a year old.

Just goes to show that people are voting with their feet and are slowly figuring out that they don't have to put up with the arrogant moopoo being meted out by someone who's opinion of themselves far outweighs reality.

ADG

***oooh .. I used a rude word! ... it's gone now :P ***
                          ADG
                          No makeovers please .....

Comment

Heya! What a newsflash! Nobody knew that you hate a.net, ADG!

Comment

Her hate is well justified Aloges

-Clovis

Comment

I don't hate the site, the site is an inanimate object and how can you hate that? Seems a pretty silly statement.

If by that you mean that I have no respect for the person who allows his site to be run by arrogant snots who are more interested in their ego than the sites success then yeah, that's true.

But more importantly i'm staggered that someone can acknoweldge the problems on the site and yet do nothing about them. As a parent I am appalled at the way some of the crew treat the users of the site, remembering that many of them are from my point of view still children.

Apart from that, for all Johans whining about how he doesn't make any money I noticed the page I hit yesterday was covered in advertising. I have no problems with making money from a site, but to dishonestly deny it as he does would leave few people with any respect for him.

Don't you rather deal with people who are down to earth and honest? I do.

ADG "hater of websites"
                                ADG
                                No makeovers please .....

Comment

Working...
                                X