Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sony Ericsson T68i Owners... Help Needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony Ericsson T68i Owners... Help Needed!

Does anyone know how to make a custom background and then upload it to the phone? I've tried emailing my wireless number email address but while I do get the message, I don't get the attachment.

BINGO!

Comment

I'm such a dork.

Comment

Havn fun?
        Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Not asking...

Comment

So.. what did you have to do? I'm thinking about putting something different as the background..

Comment

yeah.. i'm keen to know as well.....

ADG
              ADG
              No makeovers please .....

Comment

Wake up NYC...

Comment

got the t610 , the new SE's just rule
                  aviation chat on irc: #flightsimulation@quakenet

Comment

Well.. I did it...

First of all, I am not impressed with the quality at all. The screen is only 256 colors.. so basically, pics suck...

The way I did it was to save a thumbnail from an aviation site... of a nice picture... this one to be precise:

I really love zooming in on an aircraft and filling the frame as full as possible. This photo of a Croatia A319 shows you why! - Photo taken at Zurich (- Kloten) (ZRH / LSZH) in Switzerland on September 15, 2002.

(great shot, Andy!!)

then I transferred the thumbnail onto an IPAQ PDA... through ActiveSync... just as a regular file.

Then, in file explorer on the PDA, you just "tap and hold" on the image and choose "Beam file" option -- and that will beam it onto the T68i...

Ah, before doing so, on the phone, click the "menu" button (that small button just above number 1) and choose "Receive item" and it'll start listening.. then send..

Now, I'll have to play with those images.. and see how you can get them to look better...

PS.. the above process can be done with most laptops as well, since a good number of them have the IR port... and that seems to be the simplest way of transferring files.. without incurring any charges on the account.

Comment

I bet if you make the image smaller first it will look better. It is tough working with only 256 colors.

Comment

Working...
                      X