Upgrade to Vista or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade to Vista or not?

Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
    - Metzgermeister

Pretty and yet, oh so true .

Comment

Most expensive XP service released so far !!!

Comment

Well, according that I should upgrade!

Comment

He told me to screw myself....

Comment

Outgoing access to the firewall is open by default...........bet your life the sales person will advise the home user of that!!!
            My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

My hopes for useful advice have been shattered, although it was done with laughter.

Seriously, what are your thooughts on the upgrade? I get a free one with my computer, so cost is not an issue, although how it will affect FSX is. Let me know what you think.

Comment

An upgrade is not necessary as Windows XP will serve its purpose. However, the 32/64 bit operating system along with dual core processors will speed things up for you, esp. for software like FSX that are built with 64 bit processing in mind.

Originally posted by Bok269
                My hopes for useful advice have been shattered, although it was done with laughter.

Seriously, what are your thooughts on the upgrade? I get a free one with my computer, so cost is not an issue, although how it will affect FSX is. Let me know what you think.

Comment

I'll upgrade to Vista when my PC dies, and I hope that takes a loooong time .
                  Suche gut gebaute 18-30 Jährigen zum schlachten.
                  - Metzgermeister

Comment

i would because it is new OS
                    Kevin

Comment

Windows XP is still the best in my opinion. The leap over Windows 98 was significant with major improvements and was the strong selling point. Windows Vista, needless to say has new improved features but in no way represents a major leap over Windows XP. However, if you are looking at enhanced windows user account management, OS file encryption, improved system and wireless connectivity performance as well as WIM image format for deployment purposes, then why not go for the upgrade?

However, I am not happy about the price of Vista editions. That may work against Microsoft. But then again, people and systems will adapt sooner or later.

Comment

Working...
                      X