Now I gotta wait for UND...

dont do it!

Comment

Originally posted by expoITHscohen
      I got into ERAU

Now I gotta wait for UND...
      I got into Riddle about 3 months ago

Comment

Didn't know about either of them last year when I applied for college. As a result i'm stuck at Georgia Tech. Least I'm doing AE...

congrats though! must be tough to choose.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
          Didn't know about either of them last year when I applied for college. As a result i'm stuck at Georgia Tech. Least I'm doing AE...

congrats though! must be tough to choose.
          to set the record straight, you dont HAVE to major in aviation, or anything even aviation related in college. As long as you have a degree, the required ratings, and the hours, you'll be competitive for whatever job you are applying for.

Comment

I got accepted to ERAU 2 or 3 years ago...did I go...nope...too expensive and I wanted to do other things...do I regret it...only when we get sub-zero temps here in MD

Comment

You don't need either of those schools. Do it the cheap way, in state college..

Comment

Congrats!

I wanted to go to UND for a while, but then after looking around and talking to pilots who have gone through such programs, I've decided I am going to go to community collage for 2 years after HS, and in the meantime work towards a CFI. Then once I get there, I will go to a school I actually like and major in something aviation related, but not flying itself, and flight instruct in the mean time.

As Joe said, you don't NEED to major in aviation to become a pilot. Many airline pilots haven't, in fact, a major in forgein languages are more appealing to the airlines than ,say, one in aviation history. I am just planning to major in avation because that is what I personally would be most interested in.
                sigpic
                http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

as Chasen mentioned up there I'm planning on majoring in Slovakian and German and getting my licenses and instructing during that time at Uni lol

congrats man, UND is still better tho

Comment

I'm pretty happy being an aerospace engineer. For some reason, flying for a living didn't appeal to me. I gotta agree w/ Joe...as long as you're good at what you do, you should be fine.

On another note, some of these colleges charge ridiculously high fees. Hell, I know I probably can't afford (or won't pay) to go to ERAU after looking at their fees!

Comment

Congrats

Speaking of college, I am hating the application process
                      You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

I'm pretty happy being an aerospace engineer. For some reason, flying for a living didn't appeal to me.
                        Making $75k a year versus $15,000 right out of college, with a much higher salary threshold throughout your career, would do it for me.
                        Trump is an idiot!
                        Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Kilroy
                          Making $75k a year versus $15,000 right out of college, with a much higher salary threshold throughout your career, would do it for me.
                          Nah, it's more like 50k fresh out of college provided you have a 3.0+ GPA, which is damn impossible here. And don't very senior pilots make 250k+ a year?

Comment

And don't very senior pilots make 250k+ a year?
                            not anymore. I'd say its around 150-175 tops now.

I'm making about $20,000 a year flight instructing right now, and when I move onto a regional I'll probably actually be taking a slight pay CUT. But I just can't imagine doing anything except flying for a living. I'm even enjoying flight instructing, and most people don't.

Speaking of Dewey, when you coming out for some flight lessons?

Comment

Those are BIG paycuts!

I still want to work on getting my PPL when I run into some money and time, but those plans have been deferred for years now.

Comment

Working...
                              X