No announcement yet.

Yay Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, the funny part is i'm not trying to become a pilot. I'm gona be majoring in Aviation Management if I go to UND or ERAU. Purdue also seems like a nice school for aviation, whom I'm still waiting to here from.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
      not anymore. I'd say its around 150-175 tops now.

I'm making about $20,000 a year flight instructing right now, and when I move onto a regional I'll probably actually be taking a slight pay CUT. But I just can't imagine doing anything except flying for a living. I'm even enjoying flight instructing, and most people don't.
      Ya, but then again its never about the money. As you say, many people like myself just can't picture themselves doing anything else for the rest of their lives.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
        Ya, but then again its never about the money. As you say, many people like myself just can't picture themselves doing anything else for the rest of their lives.
        yeah, that being said, I wont fly for a living if I'm not making a liveable wage. Its not a job, but a demanding lifestyle with lots of responsibility and risks. There's no reason pilots should be living damn near the poverty line.

Comment

Originally posted by ASpilot2be
          Congrats

Speaking of college, I am hating the application process
          who is fortunate enough to be receiving applications from you?

Comment

who is fortunate enough to be receiving applications from you?
            Western Washington, University of Idaho, and University of Alaska.
            You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Got accepted to UNC this winter, will be there in the fall. Congrats to everyone else on their acceptances!
              Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Is the military not a viable option for you folks that want to become pilots? LAst I heard the Air Force was still going to be short for projected pilot openings for about the next 5 to 6 years. Get your Bachelors degree and then start talking to recruiters. I know most airlines will hire pretty much any ex-military pilot, especially if they have heavy transport experience.
                Wayne Dippold

Comment

Originally posted by eagle334
                  Is the military not a viable option for you folks that want to become pilots? LAst I heard the Air Force was still going to be short for projected pilot openings for about the next 5 to 6 years. Get your Bachelors degree and then start talking to recruiters. I know most airlines will hire pretty much any ex-military pilot, especially if they have heavy transport experience.
                  Military is a good option, however there are a couple reasons I didn't pick it, politics of present conflicts aside.

a) no guarantee of a pilot slot upon entry
                  b) Lengthy commitment after you enter (which is probably increasing if they are short on pilots)
                  c)the number of hours you acually fly compared to going the civilian counterpart is considerably less

There are many advantages to flying in the military, just don't look at it as a stepping stone to an airline, otherwise you will hate the military. Gotta do it for the right reasons

Comment

Take all advice you get on the internet with a grain of salt. Yes including this post. Look at everything and go with your gut and stick with it. If you have the desire you'll get to where you wanna go no matter what.
                    Things to think about.
                    After I graduated I thought of two things.
                    1)That checked the box
                    2)I wouldn't do it any other way.

-Mike
                    for whats its worth:
                    ERAU Grad '05
                    Currently Part 135 Cargo Pilot
                    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

Comment

Just got a call from UND saying I'm in

Now I get to face a though choice....

Girls or Sunny weather?

Comment

Girls come and go, but December will always be cold.

Comment

I'm looking foreward to getting out of high school.

I got accepted at Cal-Lutheran in California with a $13,000 merit scholarship.

I also got accepted at UT-Chattanooga and MTSU. I dunno which one I'll go to yet...

Majority of my friends are going to UTC, though.
                          Bobby DeBarge
                          www.debargephoto.com
                          http://utccollegelife.blogspot.com
                          1999 Firebird Driver| Aviation Enthusiast

Comment

yeah, that being said, I wont fly for a living if I'm not making a liveable wage. Its not a job, but a demanding lifestyle with lots of responsibility and risks. There's no reason pilots should be living damn near the poverty line.
                            Yup, its a damn shame. Hopefully things will shape up somewhere down the line. If I was making too little to live on, I'd rather find a second job if possible rather than not flying for a living at all.
                            sigpic
                            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                            X