Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know your state's social system is f*cked up when...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
    Wow, thats awful, I didn't realize things were getting that bad over there Charging you for a box to track your road use WTF, how does that even work, talk about totalitarianism. Hopefully here that kind of stuff wont come to pass over here, people wouldn't stand for it.
    They're not charging by the mile per se, but some of the distance-based toll schemes make you pay more the farther you take the road. Like the NY State Thruway..you pay based on what exit you get on and what exit you get off.

Is Tower Bridge a toll bridge?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcenter
      They're not charging by the mile per se, but some of the distance-based toll schemes make you pay more the farther you take the road. Like the NY State Thruway..you pay based on what exit you get on and what exit you get off.

Is Tower Bridge a toll bridge?
      My problem is more with the fact you have to put a box in your car so they can track your road use. That kind of big brother stuff is what bothers me. What's next making it monitor speed and automatically send out tickets if you go .1 miles over the limit.

Comment

I know they make such boxes for parents to track their kid's car usage. Gives back max speed, average speed, distance traveled, time, route, stops, etc. Maybe Uncle Sam could buy a few hundred million and make us all use one.

Oh, and we can tag them to National ID Cards, so then the immigration problem will definitely go the way of the dodo. And that's just wonderful, isn't it?

Comment

This "black box" monitoring road use is on top of the road tax that is paid anyway!! And is ALL the money raised from road tax spent on roads? Of course not. Motorists subsidise all sorts of other departments.
          In response to the question about Tower Bridge. No it is not a toll bridge. The Dartford Bridge/Tunnel which crosses the Thames is a toll. The toll was in place to pay for the cost of construction which is fair enough. The cost has been met now but have the tolls stopped? I don't think I need to give the answer as it makes far too much money for the government.
          Our current politicians are the biggest bunch of liars and cheats this country has ever had. Our prime minister's legacy will be that he is the first ever leader to be questioned by police because of the shenanigans surrounding the cash for honours bribery scandal. What a t*sser.

Comment

Hell, the Golden Gate Bridge was opened in the 1930s but they still charge 5 bucks to go south on it! Upkeep for the bridge is very high though, and the bridge actually runs at a loss.

There's one tollbooth within a hundred miles of Atlanta and the toll is 50 cents each way. People fuss about it, and the guvmint's said they'll stop the tolls once the road is paid off. Somehow I don't think they will, but it's still only 50 cents. Nothing like 5 bucks or something; that'd piss me off.

The government makes distinctions on how it GETS money, not how it spends it. I doubt every penny from cigarette taxes go to pay for healthcare or prevention programs. Road tax probably goes for so many other things. God knows where sales tax goes or how much of property taxes actually go to schools. And how much that goes to schools actually gets handed to students to be of use.

Comment

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
              An just look at the situation with the Border Patrol Agents who shot at the illegal immigrants/drug dealers that threatened them. Yesterday the news came on and said one of them was beaten up by illegal immigrants being held in the prison they were sent to. And Bush and his cabinet don't even give a shit.b
              This situation pisses me off greatly. Not only did the US track him down to give him immunity to testify against these agents, he sued us for 5 Million! And then he was caught in another drug raid. Fucking pile of shit.

As for the German social system, sounds pretty bad. Good luck beating it/getting out of there.

Comment

Working...
              X