Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
    I dunt think you own an Aston Martin...
    I was refering to us going on about our 'dream cars' and then you showing us your car.....

Dont worry about it lol

Comment

Whilst all you boys are playing with your dream motors my head's back on planet earth trying to work out a way to get my hands on a new Golf GTI.....I want the fun back in driving (you know,the type of driving that involves going around corners, up and down hills etc and generally anything else the British countryside can throw at us), not to ponce about in a supercar that's going to need fueling every 10 minutes and attract the attention of the cops all the time.

Comment

Dont get a Golf mate. There not that fast and are to heavy compared to other high performance cars in their class.

Comment

Originally posted by Longreach747
          just went for a spin in my mates Ford XC coupe, 5.8L V8 cast iron engine...has more muscle than both those cars put together while it's still in first gear, in fact it has so much go it's frightening.

Indeed Mont !
          And it's good to see your mates had the brain cells to conduct it on a controlled track unlike these other idiots who seem to think speeding round with blow off valves and doof doof music endangering innocent peoples lives in so called "drags" and "boy racing" is a way of entertainment.

I bet they'd change their tune if they killed someone.......

Comment

Man it must be so cool to endanger peoples lives on public highways when you race like that......

Most of those kiddies behind the wheel couldn't drive their finger up their own date with a hammer and a mirror let alone those over worked, over rated, rice burning pieces of crap.

I just love how they don't give a rats ass about other people on the road....

Comment

and for those that think street racing is a hoot...here is a scan of my brain and the various injuries i suffered when i was cleaned up by 3 hoons in a high powered car at lunch time enroute to work. It nearly cost me my life, instead it's cost me 3 plates in my head, some clips on the brain, vestibular and cerebral damage and s mild midline shift in the brain.

anyone driving like those clowns in the first video are a menace to society and should be banned for life on the roads.

next trips
              USA/DXB August.

Comment

anyone driving like those clowns in the first video are a menace to society and should be banned for life on the roads.
                cheers to that

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                  Dont get a Golf mate. There not that fast and are to heavy compared to other high performance cars in their class.
                  0-60mph in 6.9 will do me, plus i'm addicted to the blue dials, and it's got less chance of being vandalised where i live, the insurance is lower and the petrol goes a little bit further...remember that unleaded still costs 90p/litre here

Comment

Originally posted by B7772ADL
                    Whilst all you boys are playing with your dream motors my head's back on planet earth trying to work out a way to get my hands on a new Golf GTI.....I want the fun back in driving (you know,the type of driving that involves going around corners, up and down hills etc and generally anything else the British countryside can throw at us), not to ponce about in a supercar that's going to need fueling every 10 minutes and attract the attention of the cops all the time.
                    nah, get a Subaru. Boxer engine gives it a low center of gravity. That combined with all wheel drive make it especially fun going around corners and what not. Very reliable too (at least the ones my family have had) and good in crappy weather. Gas mileage could be better, but it could be worse too. I usually average about 26mpg, but I'm putting EXON 10% ethanol fuel in and that hurts it a little bit.

Even if you don't opt for the car with a turbo, they're still pretty fun to drive. I have the plain old impreza 2.5i with 173hp and its got enough to be fun, but not enough to regularly get you in trouble.

Speaking of Subarus, there is a German Sheppard who is lucky to be alive after my encounter with him last night. He's very lucky my car can stop on a dime.
                    Last edited by screaming_emu; 2007-02-11, 23:19.

Comment

I used to have a WRX and it really didn't sip the gas.. It gulped it.. When I first got it I was filling up quite a bit as it was just too fun and I had to atleast go to redline in 1st and 2nd.. 1st gear on those is amazing! I don't even know how to explain it. It will for sure pin you and your passengers in their seats. And AWD is very very fun. I took my WRX for a kind of rally race once, it was an old field that cotton was grown in.. Nice rain + mud + WRX = Alot of fun

Comment

Originally posted by JSchraub
                        I used to have a WRX and it really didn't sip the gas.. It gulped it.. When I first got it I was filling up quite a bit as it was just too fun and I had to atleast go to redline in 1st and 2nd.. 1st gear on those is amazing! I don't even know how to explain it. It will for sure pin you and your passengers in their seats. And AWD is very very fun. I took my WRX for a kind of rally race once, it was an old field that cotton was grown in.. Nice rain + mud + WRX = Alot of fun
                        I hear you!
                        A good friend of mine has a WRX with the STI kit on it. He has two of the four cat's de-rated to give it that extra bit of juice to. (not that it needs it). That car has the most amazing acceleration. I don't know how they get that much power of the engine but when you hit 4K and the turbo starts to whistle in 1st/2nd gear your flying. For me, it is quite possibly the most fun you can have in a road car. And the grip, well to say i had to peel myself off the side wall of the car as we went round a corner is putting it lightly. I agree though, you can't be doing these kind of speeds etc if you dont know how to handle your car and its limitations. And especialy not in the city. Bad idea. If your responsable with your ride though, you can still have fun while not putting others at risk.

Comment

Yeah the STi's are sweet too. The only thing is it looks too racey. Thats what I liked about the WRX.. You just looked at it and thought "Ohh look at this little sedan. Why is there intake on the hood?". Subaru and made a big mistake though with their new body styles.. The 2002 WRX looked the best. Then the fog lights were taken away and now some weird style on all of their vehicles.. Its a shame. Yeah back in HS I knew a few guys who had 240sx and those things you see in the drifting videos, of course they were not souped up like the ones in videos. These guys would go and try and drift around the city and some got hurt, some when to jail all the cars were totaled.. It is far to easy for someone to get into a car with alot of power and do ALOT of damage. Especially when you get these guys who have a few drinks and THEN drive fast. Nothing good comes from that

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
                            I hear you!
                            A good friend of mine has a WRX with the STI kit on it. He has two of the four cat's de-rated to give it that extra bit of juice to. (not that it needs it). That car has the most amazing acceleration. I don't know how they get that much power of the engine but when you hit 4K and the turbo starts to whistle in 1st/2nd gear your flying. For me, it is quite possibly the most fun you can have in a road car. And the grip, well to say i had to peel myself off the side wall of the car as we went round a corner is putting it lightly. I agree though, you can't be doing these kind of speeds etc if you dont know how to handle your car and its limitations. And especialy not in the city. Bad idea. If your responsable with your ride though, you can still have fun while not putting others at risk.
                            actually..the road rules exist for a reason and driving in a manner other than deemed appropriate by law is irresponsible and puts others at extreme risk. cars are weapons in the wrong hands.

that said, my mate had a drag with another mate who has a suped up WRX, the WRX has squat all on a 5.8L V8. done in a controlled environment and no risk to others.

You can bring out your WRX, Skyline & the like but no car in Australia has had the muscle, nor has the muscle of a Ford Cobra V8.

next trips
                            USA/DXB August.

Comment

cars are weapons in the wrong hands.
                              Couldn't agree more, which is why ill only go out with my mate who has the WRX. He knows how to drive it and wont be stupid on roads he doesnt know like the back of his hand around where he lives (in the middle of bloddy nowhere lol)

You can bring out your WRX, Skyline & the like but no car in Australia has had the muscle, nor has the muscle of a Ford Cobra V8.
                              Yeah just a shame it looks like crap. Also mate, to be fair id like to see any Ford car be able to get the same amoount of kick out of the same engine size a WRX has straight outa the factory. Not really a fair commparison putting a freaking 6 litre V8 against a 2 litre is it lol. If you want to play that game, bring your Ford on .....

Comment

yeah, but the WRX would easily catch up to you when it comes time to turn

Comment

Working...
                                X