Sick and tired of the American Press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick and tired of the American Press

First let me state as many of you know I'm an american and supporter of GWB and the war in Iraq. That being said, I am sick and tired of seeing Saddams dead sons on TV. We saw them once which should have never happened. They cleaned them up, we saw them again. I shudder to think of the little kids who happen to watch the news with their parents who have to see a dead body for the first time. I don't care if its saddam himself how much disrespect can you show a human being by showing his dead body to the world. Absolutely ridiculus.
    Try to catch me flyin dirty...

I agree. The fact that I've seen the pictures about ten times is absolutely appalling. Nothing makes you lose you appitite quicker than seeing a dead guy stitched up and looking....well....dead. I'm glad they showed the pictures, but the rate that they are shown at is absolute overkill.
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=1142

Comment

Atleast CNN told me "this is graphic" and gave me time to change the channel.

I know they're dead, good riddance, I don't need they're cut-up faces giving me nightmares.

-Clovis

Comment

The media always takes everything overboard.

Comment

There was quite a debate here in Canada about those pictures. Only one newspaper (that I know of) put the pictures on the front page. All others told the story and advised the pictures were inside. The TV stations were very discreet as well.
          CNN seemed to have the pictures like wallpaper. I'm not sure what they were trying to achieve.

Comment

I can sorta agree with not showing it in the US but I think showing it in Iraq was a must, you gotta also understand their culture. They see bodies lying on the side of the road in pieces everyday even before the war..

So it's not like this is something shocking to them.

"I shudder to think of the little kids who happen to watch the news with their parents who have to see a dead body for the first time."

I'm afraid that's a part of life. Besides everytime I've seen it on TV they usually said they were fixing to show them or at least you know they were leading up to it by talking about them being killed.
            "You can run but you'll die tired."
            Semper Fidelis
            United States Marine Corp !

Comment

Tom Brokaw advised that they were going to show them and If you didn't want to see them you could change the channel. I saw them on Yahoo! news once they had been reconstructed and they just looked fake. I believe they have a tendency to over exaggerate though. I guess it is better than having one station that is entirely state run.

Comment

If showing their faces like that over and over makes just ONE relative or loved one of someone they murdered feel better then I say let 'em roll....

Over and over...Over and over...
                Over and over...
                Over and over...

Comment

Originally posted by Greg
                  I saw them on Yahoo! news once they had been reconstructed and they just looked fake. .
                  Having worked in a funeral home I can tell you that's how bodies look no matter how they died. I think they did a really good job on the reconstruction especially on Uday who had more facial damage.

I heard someone on MSNBC saying they looked "made up" and the bodies weren't them but made to look like them.
                  "You can run but you'll die tired."
                  Semper Fidelis
                  United States Marine Corp !

Comment

Fake in the unearthly sense. I have no doubt that they are dead.

Comment

I am not a supporter of the war in Iraq, but I feel showing the pictures on t.v. is a GOOD thing.
                      First, the two brothers were horrible human beings. I may not have supported the war but bringing these 2 to justice was a must. I would have preferred if we'd taken them alive. Then maybe they could get Saddam.
                      Second, it is VERY important for people in your country to actually know and see for yourself what is going on. Deciding to go to war or to support a war isn't a simple thing like "Ok, lets go to war , we'll go over there and make everything better and it'll all be hunky-dory". Chaos ensues, people get hurt, people die, lives get ruined. It is important for people to actually know and see what is going on...We can't just live in an ignorant bliss.
                      Earl From Regina

Comment

"Bush said "bring it on!"...well they brought it on, and now my nephew's dead."

-Mary Kewatt

Comment

Dead bodies don't bother me but I fail to see why the press of all people are so keen to keep plugging their images when they were oh so horrified when the Iraqies showed Dead American troops.

Oh wait. There is a difference here isn't there
                          Americans invaded the country
                          Iraqies didn't

Comment

Originally posted by Boeing752R
                            I can sorta agree with not showing it in the US but I think showing it in Iraq was a must, you gotta also understand their culture. They see bodies lying on the side of the road in pieces everyday even before the war..
                            I read somewhere that some Iraqis want them dragged through the streets to prove it...now maybe THAT is a little harsh. I know its illegal to show the pictures, but I still think it was a good idea though. sometimes its necissary to do things like that.

Comment

That's exactly why i don't watch the news.

Comment

Working...
                              X