X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chris@YYZ
    replied
    Originally posted by scramjet
    I proudly display the Union in my room... and German flag and US. All the flags of my ancestors except Poland but I'm going to get one :-p. Oh and Canada because Canada is cool
    same, I have the irish, german, scottish, canadian and slovakian flags flying proudly. If someone ever came to me and told me to take them down I' give them a big f*** you.

Leave a comment:

• Airbus_A320
    replied
    Yeah, soon pretty much anything that offends radical Islam is gonna be banned. And we will still be in Iraq "winning" the war on terror, and supporting the Saudi royal family's elite lifestyle because we don't have the balls to stand up to the hippies and drill for oil on our own damn continent.

Leave a comment:

• DAL767-400ER
    replied
    Ahh, "politically correctness", don't you just love it . You know, I would bet $20 that sooner than later I would end up in jail for not being politically correct, whether it be for saying "Merry Christmas" to a Muslim, or some other BS. My thinking is still simple: If you think the traditional celebrations in the country you immigrated to are offending to your believe, just leave the f*cking country and go back home to your country.

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    I'm not even remotely religious, hell, I don't even have a religion! Yet, I celebrate Christmas. Not religiously, but as far as the traditions and what not. I never once heard complaints at school for teachers talking about Jewish and Muslim holidays, or a jewish teacher putting up a manora. Yet, another teacher puts up an x-mas tree and is forced to take it down. Why? No one dared complain about the manora.

It pisses me off how sensitive people are. If the world had to please everyone, it would simply be forced to cease its existance.

Leave a comment:

• ATLcenter
    replied
    We put up Christmas lights in December too!

Signed,

many American non-Christian immigrants

makes the whole place look better if you ask me.

Nice Union flag...? I used to have a map of the United Kingdom behind my door.

Leave a comment:

• scramjet
    replied
    I proudly display the Union in my room... and German flag and US. All the flags of my ancestors except Poland but I'm going to get one :-p. Oh and Canada because Canada is cool

Leave a comment:

• Airbus_A320
    replied
    Originally posted by RingwaySam
    Tell me about it... Half the christmas lights are banned over here now because it's against others religions
    Yeah, same shit here. People complaining about Christmas displays. (Although it seems like you guys are getting it worse.) Well guess what, that's what most of the people celebrate. I'm not a religious person by any means, I'm more agnostic than anything, but I also get pissed when someone complains that Christmas decorations offend them because they are Muslim/Jewish/Whatever. It's part of the tradition of the country to where you came, and even though I'm not a religious person, I like seeing the decorations up because it's part of the spirit of the season and part of the country's heritage. If you don't like it, go back to where you came from, you wont be missed. If I went to some other country and claimed that their religion offended me, I don't even want to know what would happen to me. But they come to England and the US and demand change to those countries traditions. THAT'S BS. Not to mention the thing I saw on CNN a few weeks ago about some radical Muslim cleric that's basically running around all but advocating/encouraging more terrorist attacks, and nothing is being done. But you put up a few lights and the flag of your own damn country and you are threatened with arrest. WTF.

Leave a comment:

• RingwaySam
    replied
    Originally posted by BA747-436
    Well i wouldnt fly that in the UK, you'll be branded a racist and thrown in jail.

(F.'ed up country)
    Tell me about it... Half the christmas lights are banned over here now because it's against others religions

Leave a comment:

• Chris@YYZ
    replied
    Originally posted by Star Alliance
    Well, yes. I bought a union flag.
    Pic:

Awesome!

(ps- Sorry, sideways)
    mate, if you wanna be that british move to bloody england lmao

(oh, and I talk like that sometimes because my dad was irish lmao, not because I wanna be british)

I hope at the very least you have an american one as well?

Leave a comment:

• Airbus_A320
    replied
    Our govenment has some mis-concerted idea that flying the British flag is directly linked to being a racist and therfor frowns heavily on any public display of it. To put it quite simply, its rediculous.
    Damn, what's the logic, or lack there of behind that? Who are they trying to appease anyways? Personally, I'd be pretty scared if my own government banned me from flying the flag of the country.

Leave a comment:

• BA747-436
    replied
    Our govenment has some mis-concerted idea that flying the British flag is directly linked to being a racist and therfor frowns heavily on any public display of it. To put it quite simply, its rediculous.

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Not even that my friend. You put that flag up outside your house in the UK and you can be arrested. Fcked up? - sh*t yes.
    Serious?! I was just kidding around, you won't be arrested for that but you will be for waving the countries flag?!

Leave a comment:

• Airbus_A320
    replied
    Not even that my friend. You put that flag up outside your house in the UK and you can be arrested. Fcked up? - sh*t yes.
    With the first post I thought you were kidding, but are you serious? WTF Isn't that the flag of the UK?

Leave a comment:

• BA747-436
    replied
    Originally posted by Crunk415balla
    So if I were to spin donuts in a Chevy pickup from the 1950s in the middle of London shouting "White power", I could be jailed?!

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Well i wouldnt fly that in the UK, you'll be branded a racist and thrown in jail.

(F.'ed up country)
    So if I were to spin donuts in a Chevy pickup from the 1950s in the middle of London shouting "White power", I could be jailed?!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X