St Maarten Hotels

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St Maarten Hotels

So Im planning my first trip to SXM finally. What hotels do you guys whove been there reccomend? Im on a limited budget mind you, but I do not want to stay in squalor either.

Thanks!

If you check out Expedia that'll give you a few reviews etc...

Comment

You know the only hotel you want to stay at is the Sonesta on Maho Beach.

Comment

Yep the Sonesta is 'the' hotel to stay in but it is not cheep even in low season

Comment

It used to be cheap. When i first went it was around $70 a night. On my last trip it was nearer $240 a night. I say save your money and go to SBH instead. Now thats a beautiful place.

Comment

The Caravanserai (opposite the Sonesta, on the 'Beach Bar' side of the runway) is a good alternative to the Sonesta, especially from a location standpoint. The rates are typically 25-30% lower, it has a decent reputation, and in the winter months, it's actually much closer to where you'll want to do your shooting (the SBB area south of the extended centerline). I still managed to snag a US$145 rate at the Sonesta over 4th of July this past summer, but the off peak rates used to be much lower, and their peak rates are just outrageous.
            Trump is an idiot!
            Vote Democrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by BA747-436
              It used to be cheap. When i first went it was around $70 a night. On my last trip it was nearer $240 a night. I say save your money and go to SBH instead. Now thats a beautiful place.

Indeed SBH is lovely, just a shame you can't land a 747 on the runway there. Still I'm looking forward to seeing the KLM MD11's next time i'm in SXM.

Comment

Seeing what looked like a P3-Orion doing the APR and low passes over SBH from the hill was something awesome to watch. Highly doubt many people will see that again. Love to have been those pilots...

I dont know for me, after you've seen a few heavy's do the APR at SXM you've seen it all, and overall it isnt actually that nice an island to holiday on. I just prefer the tranquility and sundrenched beaches of SBH. Also the food is un-doubtidly some of the best ive ever come accross.......overall an awesome island with an APR and un-restricted access, that in my mind kicks SXM's ass.

Comment

I've stayed at both Caravanserai & the Sonesta hotels & they're both really nice, but a bit steep in terms of nightly rates as others mentioned. Somehow, one of my friends got a room at La Plage (Sonesta) for $40 US a night.

If you're hoping to stay near the airport, there are also a few smaller hotels at the East end of the runway, but they appeared to be much smaller. One of them was called Mary's Boon. We looked at staying there the first time we went & while I never got to see it in person, it does look to be a nice place:

http://www.marysboon.com/

If you go to SXM, be sure to take at least a day & explore the island. It's a scenic little island that you can see most everything of if you drive around for a day.

DeltaRules

http://www.flightlevel350.com/aviati...r=Josh+Sprague

Comment

Working...
                  X