Well...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well...

...I've heard from few people that there was a huge discussion going on about my post made on another forum photos.aero.

Well first of all I did not see the thread created by AJ becasue it was deleted and I do not know what it exactly contained but from what I was told some people got "upset" by me saying that jp.net is "going pretty gay".

First of all this has NO connection to homosexualists as I do accept them and I see them as people equal to those who are straight. To those, if any, that got offended by this comparison, I am sorry.

Second photos.aero is a forum where I am allowed to say my opinion and that is what i was doing. In my opinion JetPhotos.net forums are different from what they used to be when I first joined. Most of the "nice" people left. Also many of my post were being criticized by the same people (admis too) whether it is a good thread or a pointless one.

I was saying that jp.net is going pretty gay becasue I say that stuff is "gay 'whenever something gets worse or is bad.

So I would like to apologise for those who got offended and making a connection to gay people. However that is what I think - that jp.net is diferent that it was when I joined and I do not necessary like this change. It is my opinion and in most free countries you are allowed to express your feelings.

Thank you for your time and please do not delete this thread.

Patryk

I don't think anyone thought that you meant "gay" in a litteral sense.

I think people took it as a slap in the face after all the postivie feedback and what not we've given you on all your screenshot threads and mixes and what not. It always appeared that you got much more support than criticism. Didn't help you told people specifically NOT to come here either.
    sigpic
    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Alright well I've been posting in other forums as well (FS2004, Avsim, CLS, photos.aero and non aviation ones) and so after comparing them to jp.net I just wanted to say what my opinion was.

Comment

Patryk, Chasen is spot on. You have to be careful biting the hand that feeds you. You have been provided with any information you request here, yet you turn around a diss the site to others. Free speech is one thing, insulting people on a moderated forum is another.

Surely you can understand why members and crew here would get annoyed?

Comment

Using logic to analyze this thread

According to Patryk, JP.net forums are "gay"

Patryk still posts in said forums, which would make me think he likes said forums

This makes Patryk "gay" too

Bottom line is that if you don't like it here you're more than welcome to take your ball and go home.

Comment

Sure

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
              Using logic to analyze this thread...............................Bottom line is that if you don't like it here you're more than welcome to take your ball and go home.
              And using logic,this sort of shit and putdown
              is why we have very little participation here.
              A few posts a day of "wow", "awesome", and "cool" etc are really setting the place alight!
              My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Wilson
                And using logic,this sort of shit is why we have very little participation here.
                Ya, we are deffinately getting less participation here. I was thinking mabey we should have a jp.net members meet-up this summer like we've had in the past, I ran the idea past several members who all liked the idea.

Anyway, so I take it you're leaving, Pat? No one forced you out, I think all we were waiting for was an appology. Once the actual issue was brought to your attention, it doesn't seem like you took the hint. Oh well, as you say, it is a free world for the most part, do as you like. Shame you feel as though you'd rather leave than take the hit and move on.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pkonowrocki
                  Sure
                  Don't run away too fast Pat. You are right things have changed. Quite a number of people who were online when I joined have moved on. Too bad for them. To keep the site interesting peple have to join in the conversation.

I've been "shot at" a few times, but hey real men just keep plugging along. Keep plugging along Pat.

Comment

Hi Pat and all,
                    I think that it's time now to go on... Nothing that bad about saying that a forum is gay if you're not taking it litterally... Gay is not that offensive and I don't have problems to contribute and participate to a forum that is "pretty gay"... lol
                    And as we can see Pat came back, apologised and explained what he meant. Other people in the thread that was deleted expressed their concern about how the forums have changed...
                    So now I think that we all agree that we don't want to see you leaving Pat, your FS screenshots are always stunning and your contribution and help has been well appreciate by many of us...
                    We do need some more participation in the forum and I'll try to participate more in the future too... (but screening is more and more time consuming with our crazy uploaders )
                    And I'm all for the idea of having JP.net members meet-up...

Alex

Comment

I agree with what Anthony and Chasen have said. I did a mistake, I understood what I did wrong and I am sorry for what i've said on photos.aero. I always liked jp.net and I always advertised it on fs2004 and avsim.net saying taht this is where I get my aircraft info, etc.
                      I might stay here. I see that I am accepted here by most members a one exception but I am surprised and glad that you guys forgave me. I mean the jp.ent community was great and hopefully it will still be so friendly.
                      Thank you for understanding to Chasen, Anthony, Greg, Dale and Omar !

Comment

I agree with what Anthony and Chasen have said. I did a mistake, I understood what I did wrong and I am sorry for what i've said on photos.aero. I always liked jp.net and I always advertised it on fs2004 and avsim.net saying taht this is where I get my aircraft info, etc.
                        I might stay here. I see that I am accepted here by most members a one exception but I am surprised and glad that you guys forgave me. I mean the jp.ent community was great and hopefully it will still be so friendly.
                        you're accepted by me, I'm just saying that if you don't like it you should leave. Life isn't supposed to be filled with all this drama. If you like it here, good, stay and enjoy. If not, then go to these other forums and continue to badmouth us. It's really not that big of a deal. Its nothing personal, just trying to simplify this whole situation.

Comment

Well you know I have seen it written here (not my view) that this is only a forum on the internet.
                          Now a guy makes a typical….yes typical full of life, youthful impetuous blunder……..on another forum.
                          It is probably fair for a bit of ribbing and light banter.
                          However it is a bit rough paying out on a guy when I’m sure we have all put our foot in our mouth at one time or another.
                          There is much less tolerance on this forum than what is claimed at times
                          My contribution to JetPhotos

Comment

Hey, you're always welcome here. Appology accepted.

I think we should get started on that jp.net meetup idea.
                            sigpic

Comment

Apology accepted. Life is too short for drama.

Now, let's get back to the real reason we're here. A vs. B

Comment

Working...
                              X