For anyone in the Austin/San Antonio/Hill Country area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For anyone in the Austin/San Antonio/Hill Country area

Y'all should go check out the Bluebonnet Festival in Burnet this weekend. BMQ will be filling up with planes for the airshow today. The airshow is tomorrow.
    For more info about the airshow, you can check out http://www.highlandlakessquadron.com/
    There will be other stuff going on, also. I'm not going to be able to make it this year because I'm stuck up here this weekend. This is the first time in four years I haven't been able to go. I'm kind of bummed out about that, but oh well.
    So I'm just encouraging y'all to go if y'all can make it. It's quite a fun experience. Just try not to get sunburned. Also, if you do make it to the airshow, y'all should hang around afterwards around the FBO and talk a bit to the Faulkners who own it. They are super great people and if any of y'all ever get a chance, fly into BMQ because it's one of the best airports you could fly into. And if you get a chance to fly in there sometime this summer, give me a PM or something so I can be out there like I usually am.
    Well I encourage anyone to go if they can make it. It's quite a fun experience. Not just the airshow, but the festival as a whole.

Cool man, thanks for the heads up. I'll probably go check this out

Comment

And a word for the wise: if you're driving, get there early and find a good spot. They have buses running from Galloway Hammond into town, so y'all can park there or just find some other spot that's accessible. I think it's something like $5 to park at the airport for the airshow, but last year I found a small lot across the highway that involves a little bit of walking to get to the airport, but it's not that far. Nobody really uses it during the weekend, but it is one of actually quite a few small lots that aren't going to be used. Trust me on this, traffic is going to be a decent scare this weekend. The hotels in the area are going to definitely be full by now.

You can check out some of my pics that I have from the past few years on here. Last year we had a B-17 come in, but it couldn't land because of winds. I couldn't get any shots of it because I was in the band and when I saw it, we were getting ready for the parade. Should be a good show this year.

Comment

Working...
      X