At least 22 DEAD in campus shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Airbus_A320
    Actually, the states where the dead soldiers are from generally do fly their flags at half-staff.
    I dont think that was really his point. I think he was pointing out that when 33 people die here at home its a huge deal, but there are many more people who have died in Iraq lately and all we get from him is "stay the course". He's in denial.

Comment

Originally posted by Dantheman
      It ticks me off when I see kids killed this way.

It also ticks me off when the President issues a proclamation order for flags to be flown at half-staff honoring the VT kids but none for the 9 soldiers that were recently KIA in Iraq.
      In that case flags would be flown half-staff 24/7, 365 in this country and it would reduce the meaning of the symbolic gesture. I hate to say it, but our soldiers die every day. What happened at Virginia Tech doesn't.
      Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
        In that case flags would be flown half-staff 24/7, 365 in this country and it would reduce the meaning of the symbolic gesture. I hate to say it, but our soldiers die every day. What happened at Virginia Tech doesn't.
        translated "when a few people die its a tragedy, when a lot of people die its a statistic". Classy man, real classy.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
          translated "when a few people die its a tragedy, when a lot of people die its a statistic". Classy man, real classy.
          Translate it whatever way you want; the flag was not meant to be flown at half-staff every single day. It reduces the meaning. I believe that when a soldier is killed in Iraq, the flags should be lowered in that soldier's hometown, not nationwide. We can't lower the national flags for everyone...soldiers, police officers, firefighters-all are heroes and all die pretty much every day. It is a tragedy when they do die, but bottom line is that nationwide the flags should stay up (barring any special circumstances).

Those 9 soldiers that were killed in Iraq all came from my hometown. Trust me, my family is dealing with the effects of the attack. And I believe that the flags in my immediate area, as well as the flags in each of the soldier's hometowns, should be lowered. But keep the flags up everywhere else.
          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Working...
          X