At least 22 DEAD in campus shootings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least 22 DEAD in campus shootings

just saw this on TV...i don't have any words...

A gunman who killed at least 30 people in one of two shootings on the campus of Virginia Tech was dressed "almost like a Boy Scout," said a student who survived by pretending to lie dead on a classroom floor.
    ***My Blog***

Unbelievable.

Students call campus directory to get information on what's going on. Staff tells students to walk cautiously to class.
    Tanner Johnson - Owner
    twenty53 Photography

Comment

my brother goes to school there and was in the building next door to where the second shooting happened. He said he was under lockdown for a while but they've since been letting buildings go one by one. Really hits home since my brother is an engineering student and the second building was part of the engineering campus. He also said he thinks one of his friends broke his leg while jumping out of a second story window.

Comment

Update : 22 dead, 28 in hospitals. From shooting victims to students jumping out of buildings.

Reports say domestic situation. Could not find girlfriend, lined people up and killed execution style. Gunman dead.
        Tanner Johnson - Owner
        twenty53 Photography

Comment

Very sad news...my thoughts are with the victims and their families.

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
            my brother goes to school there and was in the building next door to where the second shooting happened. He said he was under lockdown for a while but they've since been letting buildings go one by one. Really hits home since my brother is an engineering student and the second building was part of the engineering campus. He also said he thinks one of his friends broke his leg while jumping out of a second story window.

Good to hear that your brothers fine, Was there a reason as to why the person did this? and if it was a student there?
            ***My Blog***

Comment

Originally posted by PIAA310
              Good to hear that your brothers fine, Was there a reason as to why the person did this? and if it was a student there?
              no idea as of yet...I can't think of a single thing that would make me even consider doing something like this. I swear we're getting crazier and crazier here in the US

Comment

Youth need a good beating that's why...to many kids get away with too much. It's time to lay down the law.
                My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
                  Youth need a good beating that's why...to many kids get away with too much. It's time to lay down the law.
                  I can say as a father that discipline will not be spared in my house. This event is just awful. Reminds me of the University of Texas shootings in the 1960's.

Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Who says it was a kid?
                    Tanner Johnson - Owner
                    twenty53 Photography

Comment

AP now reporting 31 dead.
                      Tanner Johnson - Owner
                      twenty53 Photography

Comment

Originally posted by Tanner_J
                        Who says it was a kid?
                        Exactly. Anyone can enter a campus. Not sure why everyone believes it was kid right away when we don't know anything about who the shooter was yet.

Just look at the Amish school house shooting. That was totally random, not a kid.

Comment

Even if it isn't a kid, kids these days still need a good licking. Discipline is something that has been forgotten in modern times.
                          My Flickr Pictures! Click Me!

Comment

Update. Now 33 killed including the gunman.
                            A really shocking stuff. Deadliest massacre in US ever. Twice as many victims as in Columbine. Really have no words for this.
                            Btw it's really amazing how fast wikipedia is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Vi..._Tech_shooting

Comment

Originally posted by Cam
                              Even if it isn't a kid, kids these days still need a good licking. Discipline is something that has been forgotten in modern times.
                              Eh, from what I've seen, the kids who are hit and beaten are the ones who end up trouble makers at school, joining gangs, and many are just total assholes likely caused by all their anger. While kids who just get grounded or what not when they do something wrong seems to be the norm in 4.0gpa students and the other acheivers. No one ever had to hit me to get the message through.

Anyway, this is horrible! I'm surprised I heard no mention of this until I got home and went online. I don't even know what to make of this world anymore. 33 young lives cut short by some idiot with a gun.

Glad to hear your brother is alright, Joe.
                              sigpic
                              http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Working...
                              X