This is great ! Blind pilot does his best to fly between UK and Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is great ! Blind pilot does his best to fly between UK and Australia

A blind pilot is flying a ultra light motoglider from London (UK) to Sydney (Australia) to raise money for blind people in the countries that are less developed.

58 year old British citizen Miles Hilton-Barber is using special systems that tell him about the flight progress during the flight. He is also being helped by a "seeing pilot" that sits behind him.

Today the pilot has arrived at Jakarta airport. Indonesia is the 18 stop in his route. He begun his journey in London in the begining on March. He hopes to collect at least $1 million.

The pilot has explained that he does not want to be known only for being the first blind pilot to fly such a long flight, but for helping others who has lost sight becasue of the diseasters taht we can cure. He has been blind for 25 years.

This is not the first "extreme 'event he is doing. He has allready climbed the Kilimanjaro and Mont Blanc before.

http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/wiadomosc.ht...1176761147.429

I saw the title and thought it'd be that cheesy joke again.
    I say best of luck to him though!

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
      I saw the title and thought it'd be that cheesy joke again.
      I say best of luck to him though!
      Or like that guy who was arrested for driving blind.

Pretty cool that he is doing this. Any particular reason for an Ultralight?

Comment

I can't see it!

Comment

That's an incredible story! I'm fascinated by how people with such disabilities can overcome such adversity to accomplish goals and dreams.

Congrats to him!
          Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Originally posted by Bok269
            Or like that guy who was arrested for driving blind.

Pretty cool that he is doing this. Any particular reason for an Ultralight?
            Cost more than likely. Even in something like a 152 the costs of a flight like that would be insane.

Comment

Originally posted by JordanD
              Cost more than likely. Even in something like a 152 the costs of a flight like that would be insane.
              Yeah my mom read that flight around the world that guy is doing will cost something like 800,000 dollars.

Although I imagine it must get cold up there.

Comment

Ive been in of those buzzing around France at a few thousand feet Let me tell you, not only is it sh*t scarey being straped to a seat with a prop 10" behind your head and nothing either side of you, but its dam cold to!

It is however awesome fun

Comment

Working...
                X