Congrats to the Mighty Aussies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to the Mighty Aussies

As I sit at my desk, compiling this note - it is fair to say that we still are choking and there is no Heimlich Maneuver in sight at this point in time. To equate our PATHETIC performance from yesterday, to things aviation - we were flying blind with no compass, no radio, no radar, no instruments and no captain. Our ground techies were all AWOL and ATC was on strike.

Our team transport ZS-WINNA has been de-registered and allocated ZS-WTF and will now be hangared at FAHU.

I have said it before - I don't mind loosing to the Aussies - but to capitulate in such a manner is enough to drive me nuts. I mean we were flying a Carvair (on two engines) against a F-16. Graeme Smith should be relegated to the toilet seat as opposed to the left hand seat. ANYWAY, very well done to Ricky Pongting and Team Aussie, Aussie, Aussie (Oi, oi, oi). Let's hope you have more fun playing Sri Lanka in the finals - and lanka deserve to be in the final. Oh well, at least I will be having a break down on the South Coast for the next few days - may even get to go to the Margate Airshow on Saturday. Hey, at least we are (so far) doing pretty well at the sailing - Go "Shosholoza"
    RobB

Originally posted by RobinB
    To equate our PATHETIC performance
    Try being a Kiwi right now , it aint easy either

Would loved to of seen a Sri Lanka V South Africa Final !!!

Comment

Well, my brother-out-law is a Kiwi, so I got to hear about the "Blek Keps" and their performance. Check this out.

http://www.supercricket.co.za/defaul...des=sportstalk

And the NZ boat beat our boat at the Louis Vitton as well !!!!
      RobB

Comment

Originally posted by Will M
        Try being a Kiwi right now , it aint easy either
        you should be used to losing by now, surely?
        My photos on J.net

Comment

ROFLMAO!!

OK, it took me quite a little bit to know, what the hell you were writing about, but now, that I know ... That was a blast to read! Thanks Rob!! Keep the comments coming!!
          My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

LoL mate your lang was too technical for me. But yeah, they choked again.

Its interesting that all past 4 worldcup finals have been Australia Vs a sub-continental team. It was Sri Lanka who beat them last, I hope they can do it again! Go Team SL!

Comment

Originally posted by arifpal
              It was Sri Lanka who beat them last, I hope they can do it again! Go Team SL!
              Obviously their bookies paid enough to Warne and M Waugh that year so that they lost!
              My photos on J.net

Comment

I hope to god that the Sri Lankans smash us all the way back to Australian without the trophy, Ponting and his team are the most arrogant bunch of cricketers this nation has produced.

next trips
                USA/DXB August.

Comment

Working...
                X