Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Religion/Belief System/Faith/Philosophy do you adhere to?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What Religion/Belief System/Faith/Philosophy do you adhere to?

    Hey guys,
    I realise that this is a sensitive issue, but we're all adults (or at least we usually act like it), and I think we can handle it.
    What Religion or belief system (if any) do you adhere to?
    I am a Presbyterian, but am interested in the Roman Catholic faith.
    And you?

  • #2
    Im a proud member of the Reform Jewish movement. Additionally, Im a pro-peace Zionist as well as a Liberal Moderate.

    Comment


    • #3
      I still kinda consider myself agnostic.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JordanD
        I still kinda consider myself agnostic.
        Kinda? As opposed to what?

        Comment


        • #5
          Christianity I guess. I don't want to completely dismiss the chance that there's a God, but I don't want to subscribe myself to something that I'm not sure I completely beleive in.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by JordanD
            Christianity I guess. I don't want to completely dismiss the chance that there's a God, but I don't want to subscribe myself to something that I'm not sure I completely beleive in.
            I see.

            Comment


            • #7
              None for me. Although I do hope I meet Kylie Minogue upstairs when the time comes for us both
              Lee "Shaggy" Shand

              Comment


              • #8
                Agnostic. I just dont have a gut feeling that pulls in any one direction or another. I also dont think its even possible for any of us to really know what is actually out there. I'll find out when I die...till then I dont really care.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Baptist although there are a few things I donít agree with them on such as prohibition on dancing.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by B757300
                    Baptist although there are a few things I donít agree with them on such as prohibition on dancing.
                    The baptist faith prohibits dancing?
                    That's news to me. Is there a baptist document like the equivalent of the catechism that gives these guidelines?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Athiest/Agnostic. I don't really dismiss the fact that there may be a higher power, but I don't claim to know/believe what it is.

                      Also, I think that religion as an institution is a joke. A bunch of people obsessing over something they cannot prove exists in any possible way and is probably completely wrong. I guess for some people it makes them feel good and gives them meaning to life, and that's all good and dandy if it works for you, but more often than not religion has just been used as a means to keep people in line, get money or justify something that couldn't be justified in any other way.

                      Oh, and by the way I went to Catholic school. Their attempted brainwashing failed hard on me. As I came out with the opinion you see above.

                      Now, I don't have a problem with people who are religious, as long as they act normal, and accept that everyone doesn't believe the same stuff, I really don't care what anyone is.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Agnostic. I don't care either way. I don't care how I got here or where I'm going when I die. I'm alive, and I'll take it. I also like to set my own morals.
                        sigpic
                        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Star Alliance
                          The baptist faith prohibits dancing?
                          That's news to me. Is there a baptist document like the equivalent of the catechism that gives these guidelines?
                          Some do, some don't. Most people @ my church don't while most people @ my dad's church do. Go figure.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Church of Scientology.




                            Nada, im a free willed, free thinking man.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                              Athiest/Agnostic. I don't really dismiss the fact that there may be a higher power, but I don't claim to know/believe what it is.

                              Also, I think that religion as an institution is a joke. A bunch of people obsessing over something they cannot prove exists in any possible way and is probably completely wrong. I guess for some people it makes them feel good and gives them meaning to life, and that's all good and dandy if it works for you, but more often than not religion has just been used as a means to keep people in line, get money or justify something that couldn't be justified in any other way.

                              Oh, and by the way I went to Catholic school. Their attempted brainwashing failed hard on me. As I came out with the opinion you see above.

                              Now, I don't have a problem with people who are religious, as long as they act normal, and accept that everyone doesn't believe the same stuff, I really don't care what anyone is.

                              You hit the nail on the head. I've gone to a Catholic school for the past 6 years, graduating June 10th. I can't stand religion class anymore. I feel that the whole concept was made up by some people way back when just trying to earn some money or something like that. Just look at all of the money that that thing sucks out of people and claim that it goes to the poor. Then take a look at all of the corruption in this country and I think you can get the idea. This is why I refuse to donate money to any cause unless I'm 100% sure on where my money goes. We had fund raisers in school for some kids in Africa. Africa, I've never been there, never seen any of the problems, and I'm not flying the money over there so I'm not donating any. Just this year, out of no where, my school had new stairs in the front built. I wonder where they got this money from.....hmmmmmmm....just something to think about.

                              In addition to this, the administration has gone right down the tubes. My so-called "gifted, Catholic" principle, is a complete retard. It's so ridiculous to the point where they say "REMEMBER YOUR DRESS CODE" to EVERYTHING including school dances. And at these school dances, all they say is "NO GRINDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!". To that I say this: you're just making the kids so horny that they'll all just go back to each others houses and screw afterwards anyways so I don't see what the difference is.

                              I'm done for now. Just my rant on my school and how much I can't stand it after 6 years. Thanks for reading

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X