Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Religion/Belief System/Faith/Philosophy do you adhere to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Agnostic here. I could now post anothe long post about why I think that way, but Airbus_A320 already said everything .

Comment

I'm a conservative Jew...

Comment

Originally posted by Crism
        Africa, I've never been there, never seen any of the problems, and I'm not flying the money over there so I'm not donating any.
        I won't quarrel with your views or experiences but these sound like pretty poor reasons for not helping out.

Comment

alright, my rather controversial views haha....

I'm a very right right wing'er

I'm Roman Catholic, but I agree with most (if not all) teachings of the Unification Church (that crazy Reverend Moon ) and yeah thats about it

I'll go sit in my corner so I'm nice and close when the flaming starts.

Christian

Comment

Originally posted by kukkudrill
            I won't quarrel with your views or experiences but these sound like pretty poor reasons for not helping out.
            Im gonna have to agree...Funding can come from a lot of different sources.

Comment

attended a catholic school for 13 years, but have absolutely no belief nor trust in ANY insitutionalised religion. in my opinion as soon as religion mentions money, they are corrupted. the basic fundamentals of all religion (excluding the higher being) are the core values of ALL civilisations around the world since who knows when... ie pretty much eight out of the ten commandments.

i believe if you have respect for yourself and others, then thats all you need in life.
              My photos on J.net

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Maier

i believe if you have respect for yourself and others, then thats all you need in life.
                and beer

Seriously though, cheers to that. That's pretty much what I believe. I dont get how a lot of people think you need religion to be a moral person. It certainly can help (or hurt) some people, but it certainly isn't required.

I do have a very strong interestin Buddhism though, however I view that more as a philosphy than a religion. The basic teachings are that there was a guy who figured out how to be happy and he wants to pass it on. Buddha's philosophy on how life began, what the point of life is, etc is "eph it...I dont know, and neither do you so lets not worry about it". Other than that its basically that you should relax, do what makes you happy as long as it doesn't infringe on others right to do the same.

Of course there were people later on who hijacked buddhism and made it more complicated than it really needs to be, but that happens in every religion.

Comment

I am by Birth and christening a protestant Church of England but to be perfectly honest with you i am a firm non believer if there was a God why are little children and adults alike murdered and raped etc

FG

Comment

Originally posted by screaming_emu
                    I do have a very strong interestin Buddhism though, however I view that more as a philosphy than a religion.
                    Pah, you're just trying to find an excuse to call your beer belly a buddha belly .

Comment

I quote Ferris Bueller:

"A man shouldn't believe in an ism, or any ism's for that matter. Ism's in my opinion are not good. A man should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon "I don't believe in beatles, I just believe in me."

Comment

Baptized a Lutheran, on and off attends a R.C Church, interested in the Quaker faith, but really a sometimes agnostic Scientific Universalist Christian Philosopher...haha go figure that all out and call me in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by Leftseat86
                          "A man shouldn't believe in an ism, or any ism's for that matter. Ism's in my opinion are not good. A man should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon "I don't believe in beatles, I just believe in me."
                          Phew, good thing I dodged that one with an "ity"

Comment

You can put me somewhere between athiest and/or agnostic.

I think we have to accept, that there are so many things we can and we will never understand. And maybe it is better not to understand everything.
                            Too much knowledge makes your head ache.

Comment

Working...
                            X