Madelaeine McCann .. spread the word

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madelaeine McCann .. spread the word

I know it's way off topic for an aviation site, but it would appear that this child has been kidnapped by pedophiles so you can imagine her future if she's not found. She went missing from Portugal and has been taken out of the country and maybe spotted in Monacco. She's been missing for over 2 weeks now and it's looking grim.

The media is not running it in many countries other than Portugal, the UK & Ireland, but that's probably not where she is .. so if you have websites where you can add the link and maybe help find this little girl, please do.

There has been discussion on the stupidity of the parents actions in losing this little girl, but I don't see how that's the childs fault .. please consider spreading this graphic around to websites, particularly in Europe!

Thanks

(oh, and hi ... long time no post
    ADG
    No makeovers please .....

How sad this is. I can't imagine losing my little daughter. Here in the US there's an alert system called Amber Alert. TV and radio shows are interrupted when a child is reported missing. I hope Monacco has a similar system.

Prayers for her safe return.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Hope they do find her alive & well, and I also hope her parents have all their children taken into custody of Social Services & prosecuted for their actions upon their return to the UK. No way to be a parent leaving your children alone unsupervised in a foreign country while you both sod off for a nice gormet dinner.

I have a nasty feeling that this case will turn out to be VERY similar to the following:

E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

Maya Leila Mahmoud, one year old from Doncaster in South Yorkshire and missing for 8 weeks.

Ying Lee aged 3 from Barnsley in South Yorkshire and missing for 8 months.

Minh Anh Nguyen aged 11 months from Lewisham in South London and missing for 4 weeks.

Hundreds of children go missing every month and I have yet to find a sane reason quite why the Madeleine McCann case is attracting so much publicity and so much money.

Having said that I do sincerely hope that Madeleine and the other 800 children that have gone missing since the start of the month are found safely.

Matt
        http://matthew-taylor.fotopic.net/ for my personal gallery.

Comment

Originally posted by 2C67
          Hundreds of children go missing every month and I have yet to find a sane reason quite why the Madeleine McCann case is attracting so much publicity and so much money.

Having said that I do sincerely hope that Madeleine and the other 800 children that have gone missing since the start of the month are found safely.
          Amen to that Matt.
          E-Mail Me - My Photo's - My Photographer Profile

Comment

http://http://bringmadeleinehome.com/

There is nothing wrong with spreading the word but why do we need to read about the parents lives on an almost minute by minute basis?

http://http://news.sky.com/skynews/a...267267,00.html

I might be a little more inclined to buy a wristband if they were in support of all missing children rather than just the one that appears to be being used as a bandwagon upon which to jump for those who want some good PR.

If the family were to explain quite why they left their three young children unsupervised when free childcare was available in the hotel and accept some of the blame for what has happened they would not now be seeing the tide of public opinion turning against them. Even if they showed some real emotion it might help, the girl's mother was quoted as being "disappointed" that her daughter had not yet been found-if it were me I would be a whole lot more than "disappointed".

Matt
            http://matthew-taylor.fotopic.net/ for my personal gallery.

Comment

I don't know, I somehow feel reminded of all the media buzz surrounding Natalee Holloway. It is always a very sad thing if a child is being abducted, but as sad as it happens, it happens on more than a daily basis all around the globe, and rarely, if ever, is there such a media buzz.
              I wish best of luck to the parents and hope they'll get their daughter back, but I'm not sure that all this media hype is actually helping their case.

Comment

Originally posted by 2C67

Matt
                Agree with Matt here. I also wonder what about all the other missing children ? But 800... I couldn't believe this number... Here in Switerland I can only remember of the case of one missing children that never was found ( http://www.sarahoberson.org/accueil.php )

Very sad indeed

Comment

I hope she and all that have gone missing are able to return home. I wish their families the best.

Comment

Your focus on the pettiness saddens me, look inside yourselves at what sort of person you are and what sort of person you want to be.

This child is getting the attention because her parents are pushing it, which means that the other parents should have screamed as loud as these parents are and we, as parents, should be joining in and having our voices heard to rather than whinging and whining about what should have happened.

Is the child responsible for the stupidity of the parent? Does she deserve to become a pedophiles sexual plaything because her mother/father are morons? Of course not.

Maybe if more of us spoke up, and spread the word, and looked around then the excuses for humanity that take these children would have more difficulty doing so.

I share your opinions about the parents, but I think we need to concentrate on getting the child back and then worry about the rest later. And I'm also not in the least interested in the step by step rundown on what the parents are doing .. I want the child (and all children) out of the hands of pedophiles.

I also want to rid the world of pedophiles, but sadly they are insidious in the legal systems and government organisations of many countries and the laws seem to protect them.

I think that until we can unite and focus on the important part of child abductions they will continue.
                    ADG
                    No makeovers please .....

Comment

Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
                      I don't know, I somehow feel reminded of all the media buzz surrounding Natalee Holloway. It is always a very sad thing if a child is being abducted, but as sad as it happens, it happens on more than a daily basis all around the globe, and rarely, if ever, is there such a media buzz.
                      I wish best of luck to the parents and hope they'll get their daughter back, but I'm not sure that all this media hype is actually helping their case.
                      Same here... why is this child getting so much attention over all the others. And how in the hell does anyone know they took her to Morocco or that whoever took her was a pedophile, mabey they're just looking for a ransom. Or mabey they killed her already. If information is so scarse there certainly isn't anyone who knows a damn thing about it besides those that took her. Same with Natalee Holloway.... nobody has a clue and everyone is speculating BS. I'm really sick of hearing sob stories about one child when there are people that go missing every day. It's a little child, and the parents and police responsibilty to find her. Not people on the internets or random people who don't know anything about kidnappings, police work or much else for that matter.

And do think think some random person is going to get themselves invloved in this or even see the right kid. At that age they pretty much all look the same, so when you get idiots out there that don't have a clue about investigating kidnappings or much else for that matter, your probably gonna get thousands of false reports which are just going to waste more time and money.

And your never going to rid the world of pedophiles. It'll be like trying to rid the world of flies. It's impossible. Parents need to take care of their kids until they are read to head out on their own, and not expect society to do it for them.

Good riddance.

Comment

^^Talking about BS speculation, a local newspaper reported how Madelaeine was supposedly sighted here in Hamburg sitting in a car with an export plate. And let me tell you, I live and work opposite a school, and there's at least a dozen girls that look more or less identical to Madelaeine, and without a genetic test, at that age it's still damn near impossible to clearly tell them apart.

Comment

Working...
                        X