Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fast Food: Ads vs Reality

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Fast Food: Ads vs Reality

    http://www.thewvsr.com/adsvsreality.htm

    Interesting site, awful photos.
    Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog


  • #2
    Yeah that is pretty gross

    Comment


    • #3
      The Arby's is pretty gross. As for Subway, it all depends on your sandwhich artist.

      Comment


      • #4
        I've always liked Subway. I like to have my food in sight while it's being made.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by JordanD
          I've always liked Subway. I like to have my food in sight while it's being made.
          Yeah that's the problem with QUizno's. You can't see that they have screwed up your order till you hav alread taken home.

          Comment


          • #6
            Subway is the worst excuse for food ever. Go find a good local sub shop and eat there and get quality food.
            Tanner Johnson - Owner
            twenty53 Photography

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Tanner_J
              Subway is the worst excuse for food ever.
              That is a tad unfair. Our local Subway outsells Macs, KFC and Pizza Hut. Like already mentioned, people are preferring watching their food being made.

              Comment


              • #8
                As a Maccas employee, if i made anything that looked like our advertisement, id get told off for not following procedure. Go figure.
                Sam Rudge
                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by JordanD
                  I've always liked Subway. I like to have my food in sight while it's being made.
                  Same here, always preferred Subway over McD's or others. If a footlong Teriyaki didn't cost me 5,99 in Germany, I could eat there everyday. Sure as hell don't think that way about any burger joint.

                  As far as the pics go, it's not like it's just the fast food chains, it's pretty much everything related to food, be it fast food, instant food, microwave food, restaurants, etc or others who use glamorous pics to sell their food.

                  Besides, as far as the burgers to, even if they were produced just the way the look in ads, the second they are wrapped and put in a bag, the whole stuff is just bound to shift out of shape anyway, it's no big deal really.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Call me a mad-man, but I don't think its gross at all. That stuff all tastes great, makes me hungry looking at it. Hardly anything will look how it does on the menu.

                    I'm probably going to die of a heart attack one day, just about all I eat is this stuff. I probably have 6-8 burgers a week. And we're talking double quater pounders with a double cheeseburger on the side, not the little stuff.

                    Despite these eating habits, when I played football last year I was in great shape and even had abs. Not to mention I was a linemen but was faster than almost all my team-mates and, though only 6 feet tall, I was able to out-jump and dunk over just about everyone on the basketball team. But of course, a rigerous workout like football practice was needed for me to maintain this shape, and due to a back injury I didn't play this year and I put on a belly, some titties, and my face rounded a bit. I can barely touch the rim usually, let alone dunk!(Albeit I did manage one sloppy dunk about 3 weeks ago) And no more 6 minute miles either. Obviously due to my diet.

                    While I won't give up fastfood, I'm going to limit how much of it I eat now and make sure I take up a more balanced diet. I'm also going to get up off my ass and start playing basketball again everyday. I'm lucky enough to lose weight VERY quickly, put it on VERY slowly, and build muscle quickly as well. My goal is to give my girlfriend a very pleasant surprise when she comes back from the Philippines on my birthday in late July.
                    sigpic
                    http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Crunk415balla

                      I probably have 6-8 burgers a week.
                      Cheers, I've just gained weight reading that!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The reason food in advertisments looks better than (or nothing like) real food is because it's all made of fiberglass. From every sesame seed to every bit of cheese, it's all 100% fiberglass. The reason they do this is because not only does fiberglass hold up better and allow you to make things to look just the way you want, it also reflects camera light better and makes for a better picture. In some cases, it's also necessary, because something like ice starts melting very quickly under the bright flashes of the camera, so it's necessary to use fiberglass.
                        "The Director also sets the record straight on what would happen if oxygen masks were to drop from the ceiling: The passengers freak out with abandon, instead of continuing to chat amiably, as though lunch were being served, like they do on those in-flight safety videos."

                        -- The LA Times, in a review of 'Flightplan'

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Crunk415balla
                          Call me a mad-man, but I don't think its gross at all. That stuff all tastes great, makes me hungry looking at it. Hardly anything will look how it does on the menu.

                          I'm probably going to die of a heart attack one day, just about all I eat is this stuff. I probably have 6-8 burgers a week. And we're talking double quater pounders with a double cheeseburger on the side, not the little stuff.

                          Despite these eating habits, when I played football last year I was in great shape and even had abs. Not to mention I was a linemen but was faster than almost all my team-mates and, though only 6 feet tall, I was able to out-jump and dunk over just about everyone on the basketball team. But of course, a rigerous workout like football practice was needed for me to maintain this shape, and due to a back injury I didn't play this year and I put on a belly, some titties, and my face rounded a bit. I can barely touch the rim usually, let alone dunk!(Albeit I did manage one sloppy dunk about 3 weeks ago) And no more 6 minute miles either. Obviously due to my diet.

                          While I won't give up fastfood, I'm going to limit how much of it I eat now and make sure I take up a more balanced diet. I'm also going to get up off my ass and start playing basketball again everyday. I'm lucky enough to lose weight VERY quickly, put it on VERY slowly, and build muscle quickly as well. My goal is to give my girlfriend a very pleasant surprise when she comes back from the Philippines on my birthday in late July.
                          Yeah, I eat all junk food too. But I stay thin anyways.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Airbus_A320
                            Yeah, I eat all junk food too. But I stay thin anyways.
                            Wait till you hit my age (29) and your metabolism slows down while you work behind a desk. You won't stay thin eating junk, believe me.
                            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              If he's lucky to have a good metabolism until that age. For me, my metabolism changed from "eat 2 pizzas per day and not gain one ounce of fat" to "eat one cracker and forget about fitting in your pants again" at 19 already . Having a regular metabolism sucks...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X