interesting bbc article

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• interesting bbc article

BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

"The US is pressing the world to get rid of nuclear weapons yet is doing the exact opposite itself."
    so on spot. as long as the usa applies double standarts to everything and bullies countries aroundn with hypocrisy there will be no peace in the world. i hope american voters will realize that someday before its too late and we have a new cold war at hand.
    aviation chat on irc: #flightsimulation@quakenet

No wonder I missed FOXnews and Scarborough Country on vacation. I forgot I had to put up with this type of BBC stuff.
    It's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand.

Comment

I didn't think FOX and news could be in the same sentence let alone the same word.

Comment

I forgot I had to put up with this type of BBC stuff.
        Do you know what I wouldn't give to have 24-hour BBC World on cable over here? "Put up" with the BBC? I hope you were kidding...
        AIRIGAMI.NET
        http://www.airigami.net - The next generation of paper airliner modeling.

Comment

We won't see another cold war- we are living in a one superpower age. That one superpower is the USA, and right now, unlike in the 60s, there is no one else to compete with.
          Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Death to America! Worthless idiots!

-Clovis

Comment

Originally posted by ptbodale
              I didn't think FOX and news could be in the same sentence let alone the same word.
              I didn't think interesting and BBC could be in the same sentence.

Personally, I prefer a Cold war to a Hot war....

Comment

too quote one of my favorite minds of all time...

"I don't know what the weapons of world war III will be, but I do know that world war IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

Comment

Anyone notice that pretty much all of “zak’s” posts are trying to start some sort of political debate that ends up bashing the US? I don’t know if the administration notices this, but I sure do. That sounds like flame bait to me and I thought those sorts of things were avoided in this forum.

I’d ignore him, not only for his laughable hypocrisy but also for his intent. I suggest you guys do the same thing too.

Comment

We can watch BBC news here in Canada and every morning I listen to ABC News from Melbourne (they have great 1 hour programmes on Sat and Sun morning).

There are also newscasts from other coutries too. Gives you a different prespective on events.

Comment

Originally posted by iceman
                      Anyone notice that pretty much all of ?zak?s? posts are trying to start some sort of political debate that ends up bashing the US? I don?t know if the administration notices this, but I sure do. That sounds like flame bait to me and I thought those sorts of things were avoided in this forum.

I?d ignore him, not only for his laughable hypocrisy but also for his intent. I suggest you guys do the same thing too.

whats the purpose of the off topic forum? its a place for people posting what they think is interesting stuff outside the aviation field.
                      i happen to be disturbed by the recent global developments, and just because you dont like the fact that if you look at the opinions from all over the world people disagree and oppose the hegemony the usa pursue, it wont go away. i dont bash anyone, i would even be inclined to say that people who "bash" the "usa haters" are more of flame bait since postings criticizing the current u.s. administration are usually argumented very well. or as in my case here i just posted a link towards a news story i found disturbing and interesting(oh wait BBC is just flaming the usa).

if you dont find it disturbing that despite the fact that the international community seems to have agreed in the 70ies that the proliferation of WMDS must be limited and advance of WMD technology stopped a country (the usa in this case) is actually thinking about changing away from the "mutually assured destruction" towards a doctrine of USABLE nuclear weapons with plans to USE THEM, then we need more threads where those problems are pointed out.
                      its shocking to me that someone can complain about a complaint of usa's attempt and intent to build new and more WMD's. there are enuff weapons of that kind in the world. no need for anyone to built more, not even the oh so blessed united saints of corporate america
                      aviation chat on irc: #flightsimulation@quakenet

Comment

Originally posted by iceman
                        Anyone notice that pretty much all of “zak’s” posts are trying to start some sort of political debate that ends up bashing the US? I don’t know if the administration notices this, but I sure do. That sounds like flame bait to me and I thought those sorts of things were avoided in this forum.

I’d ignore him, not only for his laughable hypocrisy but also for his intent. I suggest you guys do the same thing too.
                        Well...some people actually like a good political discussions. And since people from all over the world read forums like this one, this is an excellent and unique place to discuss different views. I actually like Zaks post. Off course there can never be a real discussion when people just start baching each other (see above: "Death to America! Worthless idiots!") and dont even try to produce arguments or listening to what others have to say. Just ignore those, and not Zak.

The US is pressing the world to get rid of nuclear weapons yet is doing the exact opposite itself."
                        so on spot. as long as the usa applies double standarts to everything and bullies countries aroundn with hypocrisy there will be no peace in the world. i hope american voters will realize that someday before its too late and we have a new cold war at hand.
                        The last thing the world needs are nuclear weapons of any kind. They wont make the world safer. There sole purpose is killing an enormously number of people. I dont see any need to justifie the development of new nuclear weapons. They are the worst method to fight terrorism. No terrorist will be discouraged from hijacking a plane if the US threatens them with a nuclear strike...

(so why is the US developing new nuclear bombs?)

This American governement does no longer make a difference between conventional and nuclear weapons. Bush is the first US president since WWII who actually is serious on using nuclear weapons. It freightens me

Comment

Be afraid.....that's what we want! :P

now....go tell your neighbors....

Comment

Alright, Zak. I’d like you to point out where I said that “I don’t like fact that other opinions oppose the ‘hegemony’”. I have combed my post several times and I can’t see anything, not even a hint of a suggestion, to lead you to misquote me like that. Your conspiracy theory-laden posts and theories are bad enough, but misquoting and putting words in other’s mouths is just too much.

Now, I’m glad you feel the need to express your “concern” of recent world events. But if you really want to make a difference, then stop anonymously posting articles on some internet forum and do something constructive with your time. Run for office; write to your member of parliament; join a focus group or something. It’s great for you express your opinion, but if you don’t take action on your feelings, then isn’t this all a waste of time?

And really, how much sleep do you lose over those “evil Zionist-American corporate conglomerates trying to pollute and take over the world ™”?

As for not “bashing anyone”, most of your posts pretty much berate an entire group of people. If that isn’t flame bait, then please tell me what is? Now, if I was to post an article that criticizes the Muslim world, you and all those of your ilk would right away brand me as a racist. But it’s more than OK for you do such a thing. I don’t understand this double-standard with your group -- the same double-standard you are claiming to be protesting against.

I know that you are an a.net refugee and Johan has some pretty strict policies for posting in the non-av forum now. So you must know that comments and articles like the ones you just linked would essentially be deleted on the spot under Johan’s new rules. If you think you’ve found a new medium to continue to voice your “concern”, you should guess again. Jp.net is a nice little community and pretty much everyone gets along. The main reason is because politics are avoided as people on here are smart enough to know that it will degrade the quality of the forums, especially in the off-topic section. Nobody wants this to become another a.net. I would hazard a guess that this forum was created as an alternative to avoid the banter that plagued (and in many ways, still plagues) the other site. No need for this disease to continue here.

Now, if you want to continue the discussion of politics, I have a few questions for you. The “activist” side of you seems awfully “concerned” about the misgivings and misdeeds of anything and everything Americana. Is that all that vexes you? You are a liberal, are you not? Then you should be concerned about the misgivings and misdeeds of everyone everywhere, not just of the USA. Focusing your attention solely on one target really taints your standing and this is the problem with the Left and liberal world today. This is why they have absolutely no credibility with me anymore. With all the problems of today’s world, I would assume that there are plenty of other matters to be concerned about and that would disturb you. So, it really begs the question: are there any issues non-Americana that trouble you? If so, I’d like to hear about them. And don’t say that all the dilemmas of today’s world are rooted back to the US because, as a professingly knowledgeable and worldly person as you seem to like to make yourself out to be, you would know damn well that this isn’t the case.

So, Zak, what else is on your grievance list? If everything that bothers you simply revolves around the USA, then I’m afraid that your credibility would be completely shot to zero.

Comment

Ice, if his credibility is now at zero, it some how got moved UP a few notches...

and Duplix asks.....(so why is the US developing new nuclear bombs?)

Well, maybe the old ones have an expiration date?

or somebody's name on them........

Comment

Working...
                              X