Getting nasty out there...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting nasty out there...

Flooding a big problem here...one county has declared a state of emergency. The map can explain it better than I can...

Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

It is currently pouring...

Comment

Eh that's nothing, move on down to NC if you want some real weather.

For the past 60 days we have had on the forecast "thunderstorms some severe" everyday!

As for right now we have a severe T-storm, 4 inches of rain last night and already a few today, 60MPH wind gusts right now (my maple tree which is 20 feet away from my window is now rubbing my window due to the wind) and large hail.. A few twisters the other week and alot of tornado warnings and watches this summer as every summer. 3 people killed right up the road last week during a storm when a tree fell on their car, a good friend of mine drowned in the floods a couple weeks ago, a few people struck my lighting a few days ago, just to name a few things..

Oh and my backyard is now a lake.
      "You can run but you'll die tired."
      Semper Fidelis
      United States Marine Corp !

Comment

Yawn...

I lived in NC for three years (Fayetteville) and I can say that the weather up here is without a doubt worse. You may have a few storms over a summer, but in the winter, NC has nothing over us.
        Fly Raleigh-Durham International, with direct flights on Air Canada, AirTran, American Airlines, American Eagle, America West, Continental Airlines, Continental Express, Delta Airlines, Delta Connection, jetBlue, Northwest Airlines, Southwest Airlines, United Express and US Airways to:

ATL, AUS, BWI, BOS, CHS, CLT, MDW, ORD, CVG, CLE, DFW, DTW, FLL, BDL, HOU, IND, LAS, LAX, LGW, MEM, MIA, MSP, BNA, EWR, MSY, JFK, LGA, ORF, MCO, PHL, PHX, PIT, STL, SLC, TPA, YYZ, DCA and IAD.

Comment

Originally posted by herpa2003
          Yawn...

I lived in NC for three years (Fayetteville) and I can say that the weather up here is without a doubt worse. You may have a few storms over a summer, but in the winter, NC has nothing over us.
          Winter, yes no doubt we don't have it bad and I'm glad. But I'll tell you what.. NY ain't got nothing on Edmonton! I remember going up there one winter and we were basically trapped at my cousins house, the snow was up past the front windows and that wasn't the worst it gets.. The worst I can remember it here was about 24-30 inches of snow several years ago.. We got 12 a year or two ago and a horrible ice storm last year.. But I'm glad, I like snow and all but not everyday all season!

Few storms? Not quite. Try everyday severe weather. And it's not just summer time that we have severe weather. Last easter we had tornado watches at least 3 times a week for a few weeks..

Last year we had such a severe drought which killed tons of crops, this year we have had so much rain (like double the average already!) and it's done just as much damage as the drought! We asked for rain... And we got it!!
          Semper Fidelis

Comment

[quote]NY ain't got nothing on Edmonton! I remember going up there one winter and we were basically trapped at my cousins house, the snow was up past the front windows and that wasn't the worst it gets..

:P :P Actually, we do have something on Edmonton. They got 72 inches of snow this past winter (186 CM) here in NY we got over 150 inches, thats twice as much snow as Edmonton got...some places in Lewis county got more than 300 inches this year

Comment

This winter it did not seem to stop. This snowfall ended up being 3 feet!

My wife's 4X4 did the job, not bad for a Civic on steroids

Click Here to view my aircraft photos at JetPhotos.Net!

Comment

Now that is what I call snow!!!!!! Wow

Comment

That picture was taken in one of the worst storms this area has ever seen.

Here's some more-

Comment

That picture was taken in one of the worst storms this area has ever seen.

Here's some more-
                    Please do not stop, these are COOL pictuers.
                    Sorry, Had to say it!

Comment

What year did this happen?
                      Semper Fidelis

Comment

All this talk about snow reminds me of this:

(Hey Derf, those pictures were taken with my junky digital camera. A couple of them seem pretty good but trust me it sucks! I took one the other day and I couldn't barely make anything out!)
                        Semper Fidelis

Comment

What year did this happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Boeing752R
                            All this talk about snow reminds me of this:

(Hey Derf, those pictures were taken with my junky digital camera. A couple of them seem pretty good but trust me it sucks! I took one the other day and I couldn't barely make anything out!)
                            It sounds like a problem that my friend had with his small pinhole camera,
                            he complained about the pictures and told me for weeks that he could not see anything much in the photos. When I looked at the camera, 2 pounds of lint was compacted in this little Kodak point and shoot lens. I cleaned it with a qtip and walla, it shoots like a 1.2 MP camera.
                            (Not directed at you B-752R, just in case someone else has one or has a "friend" that had one! )

They are very impressive. Pictures

Comment

Oh god, I've already had a weather chat with Herpa!

DeltaASA16

Comment

Working...
                              X