Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC_A340-500
    replied
    Perhaps it's a salt lake, and the more intense looking center part has an amount of shallow water on it. The surrounding part is dry already leaving it more pale-looking. That's my guess. Don't really know that much about salt lakes, other than it roughly meets the geographic area you described. I think the Bonneville Salt Flats are in that area, where they do those top-speed runs.

Leave a comment:

• AIRLNRGUY
    replied
    I am talking about the entire picture, I think it looks like something on the ground that somehow transitions to a cloud or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• AC_A340-500
    replied
    I guess that would make it a salt lake. Which part of the picture specifically, were you talking about? The entire white area? Or the even lighter looking white area in the middle?

Leave a comment:

• AIRLNRGUY
    replied
    It was taken about 100 miles east of Reno around 12 noon according to the map.

Leave a comment:

• AC_A340-500
    replied
    Well I see a frozen lake (or perhapes a salt lake). Bigger lakes remain frozen longer than smaller lakes in the springtime. But depending on where you were, it may indeed have been a salt lake. Then it looks like there's a fog bank in the process of being burned-off in the middle of the lake. Was the picture taken during the morning? Where was the picture taken (over Utah, California, Nevada)?

Near the bottom of the picture, there's a spot of condensation due to the window's vent hole.

Leave a comment:

• indian airlines
    replied
    It seems to be something on the window?

Leave a comment:

• AIRLNRGUY
    started a topic Cool illusions #5

Cool illusions #5

Here is a pic I took on my last trip. Is it a cloud or something on the ground?...
Working...
X