Storm Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storm Pictures

post your pictures of storms (thunderstorms, tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, etc.) and their damage here.
    i will start with some downed trees in my yard from a thunderstorm yesterday. (no pics of the actual storm, but it was pretty bad)

tree fell down in the front yard

the end of the tree

the backyard tree top that fell off

the dog inspects the tree

can't wait to see some more storms

-Chris

Last winter we ended up with 28 feet of snow in town, and 40 feet at the border. Here are some pics from the winter.

Pretty much all the snow you see on the roof fell overnight. It didnt help that the stiff northwind was making some huge drifts.

The snow however did make for some awesome snowmachining conditions.

I will post more from various storms later.
    You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Wish I had pics of the damage of the downburst over my grandma's street in Minneapolis. about 30 trees out of 35 in a 4 block area fell down, many on houses and cars. It was madness.
      sigpic
      http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

I have some photos of one of the coolest storms I have ever seen. I don't have any photos of damages, just what the storm looked like. They were taken last year in Raleigh, NC. I belive there was a tornado spotted three miles from were these were taken.

http://www.youtube.com/DC3Vette - playing guitar

Comment

From back in June when we had that flooding down in central Texas.
          The riverwalk just before noon. it would rise about another foot before receding back down in the afternoon.

A low water crossing near our house in Burnet.

This one was just hilarious.

There's a sidewalk down there below the bridge.

The railroad track actually got pushed about 20 feet off the bed by what was a creek before the rain came.

Water flowing over Inks dam.

Comment

Chris, I'd say you are darn lucky that the 80ft tree fell in the right direction.
            Inactive from May 1 2009.

Comment

One of the many storms we had in Streetsville. This one was around two months ago; pic taken from my house:

Comment

Originally posted by MaxPower
                Chris, I'd say you are darn lucky that the 80ft tree fell in the right direction.
                i'll say! we were always worried that it would fall on the house or the car. it landed about a foot aways from our mailbox. thank goodness

-Chris

Comment

I envy you guys, we never get storms like that out here. Thats why I love going to the Midwest, I love the whole thunderstorm experiance.
                  sigpic
                  http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Here are my attempts at photographing storms:

Not really a thunderstorm, but I also love to take photos of clouds, specially before and after a storm:
                    My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

Wow, awesome photos
                      You've got to try to find what's right before your eyes-Finger Eleven

Comment

Wow Gerardo that last photo is amazing

Comment

These are the best i can muster since CA doesn't get much in the way of truly wild weather. These pics are from the first real snow my home town got in nearly 20 years...so i pulled my car out for some pics and then promptly put it back in the garage lol

Comment

Now that I see your snowy Mitsubishi ....

... now that was a crazy afternoon for spotting!!

[photoid=5690275]

BTW: Cheers for the comments above!
                            My photos on Flickr www.flickr.com/photos/geridominguez

Comment

wow! thanks for the pics guys. were supposed to get a storm in a few hours so i will try to get some pics to upload. keep the storms a comin'!

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X