X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chrisburns
    replied
    Originally posted by pkonowrocki
    ROFLLLLLLLL wheeelie in a Smart !!! *goes to the nearest merc store and takes smart for a test ride*
    Not with the same engine that comes in POWER WHEELS cars.

Leave a comment:

• JordanD
    replied
    Originally posted by DAL767-400ER
    Why am I not surprised that most of our resident US-users are so anti-Smart, I wonder why ?
    Anyway, the Smart is a good car for courier and pizza delivery services, but after that, it's advantages stop. Obviously, it has a low fuel-burn, but there are other cars, like the VW Polo BluMotion that only consume slightly more fuel than the Smart, and you don't have to detach your legs before getting into those. Plus, the Smart is pretty expensive for a car its size, and not too worth it. Plus, at least with the first generation, they were pretty unreliable, and maintenance was rather costly. So, no thanks, I rather take a real care and drive down fuel consumption through forward-thinking driving (use of tip-tronic, cruise control, letting the car roll towards the red light instead of speeding towards it, etc) than getting a Smart.
    I don't even think the Polo is available on this side of the ocean.
    Is it Diesel or does it just use unleaded? I've heard bad things about the reliability of the regular gas burning VW's.

Leave a comment:

• DAL767-400ER
    replied
    Why am I not surprised that most of our resident US-users are so anti-Smart, I wonder why ?
    Anyway, the Smart is a good car for courier and pizza delivery services, but after that, it's advantages stop. Obviously, it has a low fuel-burn, but there are other cars, like the VW Polo BluMotion that only consume slightly more fuel than the Smart, and you don't have to detach your legs before getting into those. Plus, the Smart is pretty expensive for a car its size, and not too worth it. Plus, at least with the first generation, they were pretty unreliable, and maintenance was rather costly. So, no thanks, I rather take a real care and drive down fuel consumption through forward-thinking driving (use of tip-tronic, cruise control, letting the car roll towards the red light instead of speeding towards it, etc) than getting a Smart.

Leave a comment:

• JordanD
    replied
    My dad used to drive a Mercedes E-Class with a sunroof after he had an accident for the time of his car being repaired, and man the feeling of being burnt by sun from the top is just not nice. Sunroofs are great for driving at night, watching the sky, but with the high sun it's just horribly hot...even with the AC on.
    Shouldn't you be watching the road instead of the sky?

Leave a comment:

• Bok269
    replied
    Originally posted by screaming_emu
    The civic is a great car. If you're looking for cheap reliable transportation. If you're looking for a race car....you're an idiot.
    I'm looking for a reliable way to get me to the airport when I'm sitting reserve on the CRJ and for something that will allow me to spend as little of my $20k/year as possible. Civic it is!

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Originally posted by pbateson
    Smart car is kinda not good for tall people and too slow.
    Yeah, I just noticed that one too. It seems like quite a cramped space for taller people.

Leave a comment:

• pkonowrocki
    Guest replied
    This one had a button that was "supposed" to darken the roof to protect the sun from heating but it didn't really work. Subarus are nice. I only like the classic Imprezas thou (2 door ones).

Leave a comment:

• ASpilot2be
    replied
    Oh yeah, moon roofs. Our Outback has both a moon roof, and fully opening sunroof. But both have shades you can close to help keep the sun from over warming the interior I Subarus.

Leave a comment:

• pkonowrocki
    Guest replied
    Oh your talking about small closing roofs. Merc had this one panorama called,fully glass roof (theyr also called moonroofs I think):

See the black glass part on the roof - that's what Im talking about.

Leave a comment:

• ASpilot2be
    replied
    My dad used to drive a Mercedes E-Class with a sunroof after he had an accident for the time of his car being repaired, and man the feeling of being burnt by sun from the top is just not nice. Sunroofs are great for driving at night, watching the sky, but with the high sun it's just horribly hot...even with the AC on.
    Thats why you close the sunroof when you have the A/C on. It is far more efficient that way.

I personally love sunroofs

Leave a comment:

• pkonowrocki
    Guest replied
    Originally posted by pbateson
    Shame no sunroof on red Jetta.

Better to have sunroof.

Leave a comment:

• pbateson
    replied
    Shame no sunroof on red Jetta.

Better to have sunroof.

Leave a comment:

• Crunk415balla
    replied
    Originally posted by Tanner_J
    Jordan,

Show me video of a crash out on the streets, not in some controlled situation that the company is doing themselves. Then I'll think about it.
    Yeah, thats one of my concerns too. If an H2 comes flying thru an intersection at 50mph and broadsides me, I wouldn't want to be in a smart car.

Leave a comment:

• Tanner_J
    replied
    Jordan,

Show me video of a crash out on the streets, not in some controlled situation that the company is doing themselves. Then I'll think about it.

Leave a comment:

• NeilA330
    replied
    Seriously, don't get a Smart car...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X