Any Ideas on How to Make Money?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Ideas on How to Make Money?

hi all, i was wondering if you all had any ideas on how to make some extra dough. i currently attend school so i can only do stuff on the weekends(mow lawns, etc.). i was wondering if selling photos that i have taken is a half way decent idea. and if so how to go about advertising, etc. if not what else what else would you suggest. i'm just your average hard working kid just trying to raise some moolah to purchase a 400D. i currently have $300 but want to purchase X-Plane so i will need about $700 more dollars to buy camera, lense, etc. any ideas will be much appreciated.

oh, and if you want to see some of my pics just ask and i will post them.

-Chris

Spend a few months with Mattwigan.
    You'll have enough funds to by the whole damn lot of Canon.

Comment

Get a job.

That's really the only way. There's no "magic bullet" that will let you make that kind of money without working a reasonably steady job. And selling photos is really hard, unless you're really, really, really good at photography. I have almost 800 photos on here and have gotten about a handful of photo requests, most of which didn't work out for one reason or another (mostly because the person never got back to me).

Comment

I'll give you a job, toots.

You can skip the written exam to apply, but I think you can handle the oral.
        sigpic
        http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Originally posted by Crunk415balla
          I'll give you a job, toots.

You can skip the written exam to apply, but I don't think you can handle the oral.
          Fixed it for ya

Comment

Ouch.

Yeah, I suggest you go out and start practicing on Tree Limbs or something first, Chris.
            sigpic
            http://www.jetphotos.net/showphotos.php?userid=170

Comment

Jordan has it. Get a job!! My 17yr old son started work finally at Tesco part-time and has never had so much money! He's still at school and hoping to go to Uni next year but still manages to work 2 nights and all day Saturday.

I dunno what the pay is like at Walmart or somewhere but that's the way to go if you want your own wedge. It also gives you an insight into the workplace doing a job you wouldn't necessarily be doing once you left the education system, helps you appreciate the value of money, boring jobs and workmates.

And you'd probably be able to buy a good Nikon instead some cheap Canon tat!!

Andy

Comment

Maccas pays me NZ$11.75 an hour, me giving maths tutorials pays me NZ$15 an hour,
                Total weekly income during the term, approx NZ$250-$300(post tax)
                Total weekly income during holidays, approx NZ$450-$500 (post tax)

And i can fit that in with sports, School and University (Yeah, i do both, only one course, at uni this year though), and still find time to go into town with friends and such.
                Sam Rudge
                A 5D3, some Canon lenses, the Sigma L and a flash

Comment

i'm not old enough to get a job yet so i'll have to resort to some other option.

-Chris

Comment

In that case, enjoy freedom while you still can. These are the good old days when everything you need is still paid for and you don't have to worry about squat.

Comment

Start your own photography studio like I did. Pick a town that has a shitload of money and go at it. Even though since the whole world owns a camera now chances are it won't happen.

It's always fun when a new guy enters the market because he's rich, can buy all the equipment anyone can want, and then undercuts everyone by 90% because a) he doesn't need the money, and b) doesn't care that people who rely on photography to support their families need that money. If he only knew that the 20 cents he is making per print doesn't mean he's a good photographer.

But anyways, I sold my first photos with a Kodak point and Shoot similar to the Z740, and now I'm a pretty well known photographer in the Cincinnati area and I'm 20 and have been doing it for 4-5 years.
                      Tanner Johnson - Owner
                      twenty53 Photography

Comment

well thanks Tanner. i will try to sell some photos that i've taken to local people and then maybe branch out some. maybe that is. any suggestions on how to sell them. set up a website, go to local events with a booth, put an ad in the paper? what do you think will work the best? if you want i will post some pics so you can look at them and see waht you think.

-Chris

Comment

o.k. i couldn't resist posting some of my pics, so here they are:

what do you think?

-Chris

Comment

Those are pretty impressive. Taken with the Z740?

Comment

Si! all but one or two were taken with my Kodak Z740. though now she's starting to act up(flash won't go down, battery power sucked up in matter of minutes, etc.)i don't know if the battery problem is the camera or the batteries though. it's probably the batteries. anyways, thanks for the comments.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X